My favourite dances from the Strictly final 2020 - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Last Saturday was an amazing night. The Strictly Come Dancing 2020 final was filled with amazing dances, I was absolutely blown away! Congratulations on Bill and Oti for winning this year's series. I'm so happy that Oti got yet another win and I'm happy that a slightly more elderly man with fantastic dance talent, was able to win that trophy. Truly, well done to them!

However, I was also just as impressed with the effort that everybody else in the final put in on that night. The competition was so close this year, I wasn't sure who was going to win because everyone had so much talent. Consequently, I would like to showcase each of the couple's dances that I loved from the night, today!

  • I think it's only fair to start off with Bill and Oti's performance since they did win. I loved their showdance that they did to the song The Show Must Go On by Queen. Not only was the song very meaningful and an excellent choice for this particular piece of choreography, I also really liked the style and the characterisation of the whole routine. I loved that Oti chose to make this really tango based and strong and powerful because that really enhanced Bill's overall performance and made 8t a showdance. Bill brought it to the table, as he always did, with the dramatic element and you could tell that he really enjoyed dancing this which I really loved. Overall, a superb performance that was exciting to watch!
BBC Strictly Come Dancing ⬇️

  • The next couple that I would like to talk about is Jamie and Karen. Jamie, to me, was one of those dancers who just encompassed what Strictly Come Dancing was all about. He came into the show as a complete beginner and left as a true dancer. He wasn't necessarily the best dancer out of all of them and he was left in the bottom two on many occasions, but that didn't stop him and each time he was knocked back, he came back stronger. His showdance that he did with Karen just summed up his whole journey. The song, I'm Still Standing by Elton John, was an excellent fit for this performance and the red lights at the very beginning of the routine did give me chills like Shirley. However, I loved the energy that Jamie gave and the jive elements were performed really well. To me, this showdance was inspiring because it showcased Jamie's tenacity and never giving up attitude. I absolutely loved it! Well done Jamie and Karen!
  • The next couple I would like to talk about is Maisie and Gorka. Their Christmas themed showdance definitely had me feeling all festive and was definitely one of my favourite performances from them of the night. Maisie came onto the show as a lovely young lady with exceptional dance talent. Her first dance that she did was the samba and I remember watching the performance and thinking that she was definitely final ready. Maisie wasn't always favoured amongst the public, probably because she was one of the only confident women on the show. However, she never let the hate online show in her dancing and over the weeks, she continued to improve her technique and continued to grow as an exceptional dancer. Her showdance to We Need A Little Christmas by Indina Menzel showed just how much she improved. Her technique was flawless and she definitely looked like a little Ginger Rogers dancing alongside Fred Astaire. Thank you Maisie for being you and bringing much needed festive cheer in a spectacular performance. Well done!
  • The last couple I will be talking about is of course Harvey and Janette. I definitely saved one of the best dancers till last. Harvey had so much talent already even before he stepped foot on this show. His jive at the beginning was amazing and I remember mistaking him for a professional dancer in that routine, as well as many other routines that he did after that. He needed to work a bit harder in the ballroom field and he definitely put in a lot of effort into mastering those lifts. However, if you just watched his final performance, you'd honestly think that he'd been dancing for years. His technique was fabulous, his frame was amazing, he was leading throughout the dance, and his lifts at the end were magnificent. I also really love the song, One Singular Sensation from A Chorus Line. I think that made me think that I was watching a Broadway show! I also loved Harvey's attitude. For someone of his age, he was mature and a true gentleman. Harvey and Janette were definitely a runner up for me. They were an amazing dance couple!

Which performance on the whole did you like from this year's final? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts and share this article witch a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

P.S. I hope you've had a lovely Christmas! I hope you ate lots of good food, watched films, and spent some quality time with the family, despite the circumstances. I know more people have gone into tier 4 so I will be keeping up with the blog posts to keep you all merry. Stay tuned and I hope you enjoy!

BTW, I've also created a new Minecraft world because I got a new tablet over Christmas! Here it is. I will be updating it so stay tuned. 


Get more Strictly!

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday