Cooking on Saturdays - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Recently, me and my sister have begun to start cooking on Saturdays. Now, if you don't already know me, I should probably tell you that my mum is a pretty great cook. The main reason why my family rarely has takeaways is because my mum cooks almost everyday and to her credit, that's really amazing because she also runs her own cooking and baking business on top of that. This is why when a lot of parents say that they don't have the time to cook on most nights for their children, I don't really believe them because if my mum can do it, I can't really see why anyone else can't. Not that I don't love the odd takeaway dinner from time to time because, especially during the first big lockdown over the summer, me and my family definitely took advantage of all the great food that was on offer in order to celebrate my birthday, as well as mine and my sister's results on GCSE and A-level results day. However, under normal circumstances, I'm very lucky that my mum cooks for us but of course recently, me and my sister decided to take the weight off my mum a bit by taking on the challenge of cooking every Saturday evening. Now, when I say a challenge, I mean a challenge. I'm not saying that me and my sister Alice are bad at cooking because what we put on the plate at the end of the day is delicious, even if we do make a couple mistakes here and there. But, mostly out of my wrongdoings, we always have stupid little arguments when we cook. I've got to admit that most of the time, I'm just winding Alice up a bit! Haha 😂. However, it can get a little heated from time to time as we "insult" each other about the other's cooking. It goes a bit like this: "ugh, Alice you're not helping at all," or "Juliette go put this in the bin, then stir the pot, and don't forget to dry everything up," or even "Alice, you're doing all the work, why can't I do something for a change?" It might sound horrible but it's just stupid bickering that usually results in an apology at the end, which I find pretty funny. 😂❤ I always find these Saturday cooking segments a bit ironic because when I was younger I remember that Alice really wanted to be on Junior Masterchef and I even signed up on the CBBC website to be on Junior Bake Off! I obviously didn't get in but looking at how we treat cooking and baking now, I think the years have created quite the contrast! Thankfully, this Saturday, although it was not blemish free, produced quite a nice pasta and meatballs meal. It was supposed to be spaghetti and meatballs but we'll look past that. It was still a really nice dinner to have and I'm glad that me and Alice took it upon ourselves to cook. I hope that this motivates you to do the same!❤👍

Here's some of the other food we made!👇


Do you cook for your family? Do you like to cook? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Somme and Arras trip photos

Finding something new to study