Easter street dance class - My Trip to Tanzania (Post 13) - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

As most of you will already know, this week, from Wednesday to Friday, I taught in my online street dance classes and it was a lot of fun. My first go at my virtual street dance classes was really successful because I got a lot of responses, I managed to get 11 students, and there was a lot of good, positive feedback that I got in the end, which was really nice. However, this time, I only managed to get 2 students. One of the students was a 10 year old girl who had joined in over my February half term set of classes and on the Wednesday she had also invited a friend so they both joined in. It was only her who joined in on Thursday and Friday, but it was still nice to have one extra person for the first day.

Although I didn't have as many responses as last time, for me, it's not always all about the numbers or the money, even if I am supposed to be fundraising, because teaching and choreographing is something that I love to do and want to pursue in the future. Of course, I love performing on stage because I love the energy that it brings to you and I don't know what dancer wouldn't like performing and showcasing their hardwork. However, my main passion in this field is definitely teaching and choreographing. The idea of collaborating with others, sharing my routines, and seeing improvements in the people I teach, even if I did only teach a small number of people this time, definitely gives me a true sense of fulfilment no matter what. 

As I've mentioned before, I choreographed a new routine to Don't Call Me Up by Mabel. I posted a short clip of it on my Instagram reels which you can see here if you like. Although it was quite quick and challenging at times, I think that both of the girls that I taught really put in a sound effort and managed to pull it off in the end, which is always nice to see. I think my instructing was already a lot better than in my first set of lessons because I knew how to set up everything on Zoom and I was a lot more confident in what I was doing. I was able to speak clearly, go over certain sections again to make sure that everyone understood each step, and include regular breaks throughout the hour to make sure that everyone was able to keep up the good work. For anyone who knows me well, you'll know that I do have the perfectionist mindset, which means that if something doesn't go right the first time, I can get really down about it. However, I think that this time, I've tried to use my determination to get things right to improve my delivery and it seems to have gone well so far. I've learnt a lot from my first set of street dance classes and I've definitely become a little bit more structured and organised in my teaching this time.

Despite not having as many people as last time, I would say that my Easter street dance classes were a resounding success. My mum has suggested that I make these classes a weekly thing and do you know what, why not? I'm going to ask the girl who joined over half term and Easter to see if she would be interested. It might not work out but it's better to try than to not try at all. The great thing about online teaching though is that you don't necessarily need any qualifications so doing this is entirely possible. People often criticise the entrepreneurial mindset but it definitely forces you to be a risk taker, which in some circumstances, can only better you as a person.

Have you ever done street dance before? Have you ever choreographed a routine? Let me know in the comments below or via Instagram DM/Facebook messagenger (links below) and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Never feel ashamed to voice your opinion and never let anyone steal your mind-#jumpintomonday- Lifestyle Monday

Charlotte Brontë- The power of writing

Being a model and role model are two separate things

We are all the product of our mistakes