What's it like getting the Covid-19 vaccination? - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

About a week ago, I posted on my Instagram story that I got my first Pfizer Covid-19 vaccination. Until this summer, people aged 16 and 17 years old in the UK, were still not yet allowed to have their Covid-19 vaccination. However, after much deliberation, in August the government finally allowed teenagers in this age bracket to get their first vaccination. Personally, I agreed to get vaccinated because I saw how much it could help the people around me. After all the adults had their vaccinations earlier this year, it seemed as though more young people (including my friends and my peers) were getting Covid because they were the only ones in the population who were not vaccinated. For me, it was a choice that I made myself through my own observations so it was a fairly easy decision for me. Whilst I encourage people to get vaccinated, I understand that it is still a personal decision that should be thought over carefully so I won't hold it against anyone who chooses not to get vaccinated based on their own observations. However, this is just my experience and I hope that it helps any young people out there who are thinking about getting vaccinated. 

At 9:00am on a Sunday,I got my first vaccination at a walk-in clinic in the Grafton Centre. As of thus far, I'm still not yet allowed to get my second vaccination because I'm only 17, but when the government allows it, I shall go and get my second vaccination in the same manner. As I went into a walk-in clinic, I didn't have to make an appointment prior to my arrival or reserve my spot, I could just go in and get it done straight away. The walk-in clinics are open from 9:00am to 3:00pm, 7 days a week so you can walk in at any time. I just went early to make sure that there wasn't too many people. When I walked in, I was guided to one of the ladies at the desk who took down my details down like my name, date of birth, and National Insurance number. After this I was guided to a queueing area where I waited to be led into one of the boothes to get vaccinated. The place wasn't too busy at that time, so I didn't have to wait for too long. When I was led in I gave the nurse my details to check over and then when this was all done, I was prepared to get vaccinated. I got my jab in my left arm since it's the one that I don't write with. Thankfully, it didn't take too long as I just stared up at the wall and before I knew it, the process was done. I was given a card and a sticker to say that I was vaccinated and that I had my first jab. After getting vaccinated, I had to wait for 15 minutes in the waiting area, so I could be monitored until I was then free to leave.

As I got the Pfizer vaccine, my arm did ache a little bit for a couple of days afterwards but it was nothing too painful and it soon subsided. I didn't get any other symptoms and about a week later, I still feel my normal self!

I hope this clarifies the process and encourages anyone who is on the fence about getting vaccinated. It is really a quick process and could help those around you.


Do you have any other queries about getting vaccinated? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday