I auditioned for Cambridge Youth Dance Company - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Last week on Tuesday, I went to an audition for Cambridge Youth Dance Company at Impington Village College. A few months ago now, before the summer, I went to the taster session for Cambridge Youth Dance Company so that I could get a better understanding of what the company sessions were going to be like. You can read all about my experience here if you missed the post. If you don't know about CYDC, it's a small company run by Kate Durrant that holds contemporary dance classes, guest workshops, and theatre trips for all of its members. In the that post I put up before the summer, I wrote about how I wasn't sure if I was going to do the audition or not because at the time, I wasn't sure if the company was for me. However, since then I began to think that I should give it a go anyway because it might be a good opportunity for me to perform in different places and get some good mentoring along the way. Plus, Kate kindly asked me on Instagram if I wanted to do the taster session and she has been a loyal follower on my page ever since, so I thought I should definitely try it out in the end. The overall audition experience was very laid-back anyway. We didn't have to prepare any routines or perform anything on our own. We just took part in a company class that was set up in a very similar way to how the taster sessions were set up but I guess this time, Kate was just observing us to see how we would fit into the company. We started off doing some technique exercises to get ourselves warmed up. Then we learnt a combination that was choreographed by Kate. It was done to the song To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra, a song that I had also used for some of my own choreography. We then got put into pairs where we went and choreographed sections to add to this combination, and at the end of the class, we performed our choreography together as a group. Recently, I got an email from the company saying that I had got in and I was very happy. My mum thought that I would get in because she saw how Kate kept trying to get me to do the audition but I think this will be a good opportunity for me to network as a dancer. My year might get quite busy with travel plans so who knows how long I will be able to stay in the company but for now, this seems like a great experience. I have already signed up to go and see Jasmin Vardimon's adaptation of Alice in the Wonderland in London with the company on the 28th of October so I shall be writing all about that. But yes, so far so good, and I am very grateful to have been given the opportunity to become a member of the senior company.

I you ever done an audition before? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form above this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! 😀💜

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Your ultimate life ambition is often difficult to find - Life After Sixth Form (Post 2) - Lifestyle Monday