Dance Q&A- Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Today, I thought it would be interesting to do a dance Q&A so that it would hopefully help some of you guys as well as hopefully finding some interesting things about me. I got these questions from the Rambert website which I will link below.

Who was your most influential dance teacher and why?
My most influential dance teacher is actually my current dance teacher at school because unlike all the past dance teachers I've had at school, she's actually gone out there and done things. She's been to the West End and she's done countless productions with other companies. Due to this, she is able to give us a higher quality of education because she is able to teach us what the dance industry is really like.

Ever considered another career?
Yes. In the past, I really wanted to become an author and I really liked to write and I still do. Although dance is a career choice that I mainly want to do, I still want to do other things as well. I have a big dream of setting up a worldwide dance franchise that anyone can join which hopefully gives people who hunt animals or cut down trees a new and better alternative which is dance. Hopefully by doing this we can help the environment and bring people together at the same time. I would also like to write an auto-biography of my life in the future. By doing this, hopefully I will be including all the things that I love and want to do because I do have a passion for a variety of different things.

What can you tell us about your shoes?
I have a pair of Bloch jazz trainers in black which I use for commercial street but have also used for a Lindy Hop routine that I did for my recent show. I also have a pair of silver ballroom shoes by Freed of London which I obviously use for ballroom. I am hopefully going to upgrade soon to the black shoes by I believe Capezio, because they have a slimmer heel. I've also got a pair of slip-on black jazz shoes with no laces by Capezio.

What's the most challenging work/rep?
The most challenging work I've done was when I went to the Royal Albert Hall at the age of 12 and had to wake up at 6am to go to London and come back at 1am. It was really exhausting, especially since we were just sitting around between dances and had to perform the big Mardi Gras routine with all the other studios at the end.

What's your top tip on flexibility?
I got flexible by pushing a little bit further than what I was comfortable with. It doesn't mean that you should go beyond what you're comfortable with and end up injuring yourself but leaning slightly further down in a pike position or holding it for a little longer for example, will increase your flexibility.

Have you got any more question? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Rambert website:
Rambert

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday