How to cope with dance injuries and pulled muscles- Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Even if you do dance recreationally or you're a competitive dancer, a lot of people get pulled muscles or injuries. Personally, I've never been properly injured before in dance but you can ask all the members of my family and they'll tell you that I always complain about having pulled muscles. I suppose that it's understandable since I practically do dance four times a week but sometimes I do nothing and I'll still get pulled muscles which doesn't make any sense. That's why I thought it was a good idea to make this post because you never know when you're going to need it.

  • Firstly, I would really recommend investing in a foam roller if you're a dancer because it is really going to stretch you're pulled muscles properly. I use it on my legs. Most of the time I pull muscles in my calves and so I find that it really helps to roll them out using my foam roller.
  • If you don't have a foam roller though, you can always use like a tennis or golf ball. I find that it's really helpful to roll out smaller muscles like in your feet, using a tennis or golf ball because it concentrates on them more than using a big foam roller.
  • I'm no medical expert but sometimes when my pulled muscles are really bad or I'm aching quite a lot, I do find that using this Deep Heat cream really helps to soothe them. I've nearly used all of it already but you only need a small amount and it will start heating up .
  • I also use Arnicare cream on bruises because sometimes I come out of the dance studio at school after doing a jazz or contemporary class and there will be bruises  all along my feet so I really think that using this really helps to get rid of the bruises. Even though Arnicare is for bruises, I have used it on pulled muscles before and I personally found that It helped as well. 





I hope that this post was helpful and that you dancers out there can cope with injuries a little better. Remember to always warm up and stretch before hand so that you really limit your chances of getting an injury in the first place.

Have you got any more tips? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My short story- You guys choose the title-Writing Wednesday