My dance exams in July - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

As some of you may know, I'm doing my summer dance exams with my studio, on the 7th of July. I'm doing ballroom and street. In ballroom, I'm doing jive and quick step. I find jive quite easy, until you add in the arms and you start practicing with a partner because you have to coordinate your arms and feet. In comparison to other dances, jive has a lot more arm movement and it changes throughout the dance so you have to remember what comes next quickly. I don't mind quick step but the tempo confuses me a bit and I keep on mixing up the pivot step with the brush step so I'm continuing to practice that outside of lessons. As for street, I'm doing a fun, upbeat dance to 1999 by Charli XCX and a more pedestrian, layed back dance to Don't Call Me Up by Mabel. I'm confident in the dances but I just need to make sure, with the second dance, I'm not putting as much energy into it as with the first dance. However, I'm looking forward to doing both my ballroom and street dances and I hope that I do well!

Are you taking any dance exams in the summer? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday