Amy and Karim's amazing foxtrot and Emma and Anton's beautiful foxtrot - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I think, that whilst it was the week where somebody was going to be sent home, every dancer on Saturday had some sort of breakthrough. I felt as though people grew in confidence from week 1, even though they made some mistakes in their routines.

One of these breakthroughs was Karim and Amy's amazing foxtrot. I was initially quite nervous about this routine, because Karim had impressed us all with his Latin skills in the cha-cha. However, I wasn't sure how he was going to do in a more elegant ballroom style but he surprised us all I'm sure. He had phenomenal posture and you could tell because he was supporting his partner, Amy, really well. His hand placement as well underneath her arm, stayed put throughout the whole routine, when they were in hold which I thought was excellent attention to detail. However, what I enjoyed the most was his jazz flair that he added to the piece. It made it seem like I was watching a Hollywood movie, like Motsi said, or like I was watching something on Broadway. If he maintains this level of musicality and technique, I think he'll go far!


BBC Strictly Come Dancing


The second couple I was really impressed with was Emma and Anton's beautiful foxtrot. I actually think that Emma has real potential as a dancer, she just lacks a bit of confidence at the moment. However, as Shirley said, she actually showed flashes of brilliance in her routine. She had grace and elegance and she managed to keep on Anton's left hand side, which meant that he had more movability. As she gets nervous though, she tenses up and loses her beautiful posture, that I know she has. What she does do however, is rise up to the balls of her feet so that she's not flat-footed and so that she's light on her feet. She also has beautiful hand placement on Anton's shoulder, which adds to the grace and elegance of the piece. If Emma keeps this up and becomes more confident when she dances, she'll go far in the competition, I'm sure. 


BBC Strictly Come Dancing



As we're going to do every week from now, we've got to say farewell to the first dancer out of Strictly Come Dancing. James and Luba will be missed! 


BBC Strictly Come Dancing



Who's excited for movie week tonight? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe, so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

BBC strictly:
BBC Strictly Come Dancing

Catch up with my full Strictly review playlist:
Strictly 2019 review playlist

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub
Read my latest article on why we should value the time we live in, here!

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Finding something new to study

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday