Tall Girl movie review - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Today, I just wanted to talk about a movie that really inspired me the other day. I decided to watch a bit of Netflix one day, because I was tired and I felt as though I deserved it because I had done quite a lot of revision that day. I was scrolling through some films and came across this movie called Tall Girl. I was intrigued by it because it actually had one of my favourite dancers from Dance Moms, Ava Cota. I remember her basically getting bullied by the people around her because she was a tall person, I believe 6ft 1. She was also told by some people online that her mum wasn't feeding her as she was quite a petite girl. So, when I came across this movie, I had kind of an idea about what it was about but I wasn't entirely sure until I watched it. It has some elements of comedy in it but the rest was actually quite profound. Ava, plays a girl called Jody, in the film and she's always been picked on by the people at her school for being tall. She's quite insecure and she no longer plays piano at first, despite her love for it, because she doesn't want to get noticed even more by the people around her. She thinks that this exchange student from Sweden likes her but she realises that he just wants to be popular so she ends up going out with her best friend (who is shorter than her) after he convinces her to do a speech in front of the whole school in high heels. I think that being tall isn't a disease but it can affect your whole life and how you do things because you're constantly seen by everyone. However, what I think the character in the movie taught the audience watching was that you've got to be confident with who you are because you're going to live with it for the rest of your life. It also teaches us not to let the minds of people that do not matter, to get in the way of the things that we want to do in life. That's a lesson that I think is applicable to everyone, regardless of your height or your looks.


The Zach Sang Show



Why do you think it's important to be proud of who you are? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts like this one!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

The Zach Sang Show:
The Zach Sang Show

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Finding something new to study

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday