What I shall be doing for my own dance routine at school - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

On Thursday of last week, we were given our assignment brief for dance. I found out that the theme was all about the diversity of our local community and the title of our final piece is "We Live and We Learn." I was quite happy about this theme because last year, the year elevens had to base their dance on disadvantaged children. I don't know how you can even create movements, without knowing what it's like to live with a disability personally. The routines they came up with were quite depressing to be honest because one group decided to have scarves wrapped around their mouths to represent children without a voice. The dancers the year before were a lot better to be honest but it's understandable why everyone struggled with the theme last year. There's a lot we can do with the theme of diversity but it's difficult not to stray too far off topic. My group decided to base our routine on different cultures and people by incorporating different dance styles into the routine to represent this idea. I didn't know at first that you could incorporate different styles of dance because from seeing the other years, they all seemed to be doing contemporary routines. However, we can use different styles and we have chosen to use Latin, jazz, lyrical, and street. It's going to be a challenge to link these all together and I'm going to have to teach my friends some Latin but once we get going with the practical sessions, I'm sure we can work it out. I was thinking of perhaps merging two styles together so that all the dances are linked together and flow better. We're going to be doing an "assessment" on our routines, where we write 600 words on our ideas, styles, and personal input but we can bring in our notes to the library where we'll be doing it so I'm furiously trying to get as many useful notes down as possible. As for our group routines that we'll be performing as a class for the show, we're now rehearsing that on Sundays for a couple hours. We're doing a street and contemporary routine based on the practitioners Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker and Kate Prince. It's going to be a long and stressful process to get everything ready for the show by May but I'm sure the end result will be brilliant.   

Pixabay


Who's your favourite choreographer? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Pixabay:
Maike und Björn Bröskamp

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study