Musicals week: Maisie and Gorka's jive and Ranvir and Giovanni's Viennese Waltz - Blogmas day 4 - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I can't believe that the end of Strictly Come Dancing 2020 is so close right now. It's the semi-final today and I'm excited to see who will make it to the final!

However, last week it was musicals week on Strictly Come Dancing and there were a lot of amazing dances. I especially liked Maisie and Gorka's jive to Little Shop of Horrors as I thought that that was really fun. I also liked Ranvir and Giovanni's Viennese Waltz to She Used to Be Mine as I thought that she told the story really well. Let's talk about these two couples today!

I really liked Maisie and Gorka's jive because I think that they really brought out the element of fun in the dance. I thought that the music suited the jive well and I thought that Maisie's acting was on point throughout the whole of the dance. It was a really fast-paced and difficult routine for a celebrity to do but I think that Maisie handled it just fine because she was energetic and kept up with her partner. I understood Shirley's comment about her improved technique as well because I could see that she was trying to turn her feet out just a little bit more. What I think Maisie could improve on further is the neatness in her kicks and flicks. Just on occasion, I thought that she could have perhaps pointed her feet a bit more and kept them more still in order to make the movement sharper. However, she did amazingly well and I don't know why she isn't more popular with the general public because she really is an amazing dancer.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing⬇👇

Ranvir and Giovanni's Viennese Waltz was just a true piece of story telling and the musical, the Waitress, really suited the emotion well. I know that this dance was really personal to Ranvir because it was based on the issues that she had in the past with her self-confidence. However, I think she really blossomed in this dance and shared an intimate piece of herself that really made the dance what it was. She had a beautiful frame and really nice feet. As well as this, she remembered to spot her head in the turns so that she didn't get dizzy and overall there was a really elegant feel to the dance and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Perhaps there were things that could have been neater but I couldn't see much wrong with it to be honest. It was a great performance. 

As always, we have to say goodbye to the couple voted off Strictly Come Dancing this week. JJ and Amy were an amazing dance couple. I truly saw JJ as an inspiration because I know how difficult it is to dance ballroom and Latin as it is, but to do it with a disability really astounds me. My favourite dance from JJ and Amy has to be their Viennese Waltz because it was timeless and meaningful. I also really liked the music that they did it to, Lauren Daigle Rescue. Lauren is an amazing artist and I think that it really enhanced their routine. Here's their dance if you haven't seen it already.


Did you like Maisie and Ranvir's dances this week? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Get more Strictly!:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday