It's one big sleepover! - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Last Friday, I invited my friends over for a sleepover after school and it was a lot of fun. If you've read my 17th birthday blog post a few months ago, you would know that my two best friends from school, Maia and Teresa, both came over to celebrate my birthday and overall we had a great time. We talked, ate amazing food, and watched super girly romantic movies!πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ’œπŸ’œ This time my parents suggested I do something just as amazing and fun so I decided to host a sleepover. It was rather convenient for us as well because Maia and Teresa both now work at Project 21, the charity that supports people with Down's Syndrome. It's the same place that I work, so we were all able to get a lift in to work the next day. This is what we got up to.

At 4:20pm, we all finished school so my mum came to pick us all up. When we arrived home, Maia and Teresa put their things upstairs in my room whilst me, my dad, and my sister began to set up the beds. We got one air mattress down from the attic and got one mattress from my sister's bedroom. I wasn't sure if two mattresses alongside my double bed would altogether fit into my room but somehow it did and we made it work! πŸ‘πŸ‘ I didn't have any duvets available either so I gave Maia and Teresa two of my most comfortable blankets as well and that seemed to work well too. πŸ‘πŸ‘

For about an hour or so, me, Maia, and Teresa sat in my room talking, catching up on life, ranting, and exchanging thoughts. Somehow we got onto the topic of The Squid Game and the rise of Korean drama and then onto K-Pop singing and then somehow onto K-Pop dancing. πŸ˜‚πŸ€·‍♀️ On the topic of dance, I introduced Maia and Teresa to BTS and Not Today, showing them how amazing their dancing was in the music video. I then preceded to show them some of the OG dance videos from the Korean dance studio, 1 Million Dance Studio and the one and only Urban Dance Camp. I skimmed through a compilation of Worth It, Don't Let Me down, Not Today, and Turn Up the Music, the best dances from 1 Million and Urban Dance Camp. I believe these videos are somewhat of an obsession of mine (in case you haven't already noticed) and after we had finished watching ALL of my favourite dances on YouTube, I thought Maia and Teresa were bored to death. However, to my surprise, they both kept saying "show us more dance videos!" A comment I will gladly take any day!πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦‍♀️

After our random pilgrimage into the abyss of the YouTube dance community πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ, my mum called us into the kitchen to help make dinner. That night, my sister's boyfriend came round to meet my parents for the first time. 😨 I briefly remember seeing him in secondary school but I had no idea what kind of a person he was so I was awaiting his visit with anticipation. Luckily, he seemed to be a respectable young man with a gentleman-like attitude about him. He was also a nerd just like my dad and seemed to glady accept my dad's tour of his shed and his quirky gadgets! No need for my dad's big stick then! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ It was unfortunate that he could not stay for dinner as he was off on the adventure to Nottingham but at least Maia and Teresa had fun making the flat breads. With my mum being the chef in the house, they had to learn how to cook them fast but luckily they were both equally fast learners that both grappled with the challenge with ease. In the end we had a lovely meal and a lovely conversation at the table!

In the evening, once we had all showered and got into our pyjamas, we gathered into the living room to watch a movie. I was wondering what would be a good film to watch in the evening and then my mum reminded me of Anna and the King and I thought it would be a great film to watch with Maia and Teresa. If you are unfamiliar with Anna and the King, it's a film about a lady called Anna, a British school teacher, who gets tasked with teaching King Mongkut's children in Siam, Thailand. Although Anna had just lost her husband in the story, she forms a deep connection with the king and ends up falling in love with him. It's a fairly long film and the romance is kind of suggested, but it's a good story. Although we couldn't watch the whole film, Maia and Teresa seemed to enjoy it and overall, it was a good end to the evening.

Movieclips Classic Trailers

I'll be honest, I woke up the next morning feeling rather tired. It turns out, someone in the house was quite the snorer! It's fine though, no hate.πŸ’œπŸ’œ The morning was quite slow and relaxed anyway. My dad went out in the morning to buy some croissants and some pains au chocolat, as well as some crumpets. Teresa also cut up some fruit and we ate our breakfast in front of the TV. Yes, we watched The Squid Game but we watched it from episode 4 as Teresa had already watched the other 3 episodes. I think Maia found it quite gory and I doubt that she would choose to watch it again. πŸ˜… I also found it quite gory but also strangely entertaining. I'm now watching The Squid Game in French to practice my French.

Netflix

We all got ready for Project 21 rather quickly. It was quite the drive to get there but thankfully my dad didn't mind taking us. We had quite the philosophical conversation along the way, which was nice. That week at Project 21, was Justin Timberlake themed so we danced to SexyBack and Mirrors. I think all the students really enjoyed the choreography and the freestyle. I also had a good time dancing alongside everyone else. That day was also Teresa's interview and she seemed to really enjoy the class and the staff seemed to really like having her there too. Overall, it was a fantastic way to start a Saturday!

After Project 21, my dad drove Maia and Teresa home. It was a bit sad to see them go but we had the best time. Next time, I hoping to invite Maia and Teresa round for the pizza which we are going to make in the pizza oven! That should be fun!

What do you like to do in a sleepover? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form below this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! πŸ˜€πŸ’œ

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

Video channel links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Somme and Arras trip photos

Finding something new to study