Rio Ferdinand's dance background - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Recently, I watched another one of Steven Bartlett's amazing "The Diary Of A CEO" podcasts where he interviewed the famous British football player, Rio Ferdinand. A couple years ago now, I wrote a blog post on Rio Ferdinand which has now become one of my most popular posts on this blog. It was written in response to the documentary that Rio had released around that time about how he and his family were dealing with bereavement of his wife, who had died of cancer in 2015. If you would like to read about his story in more detail, you can find it here. All in all, I find Rio to be a truly inspirational soul who has overcome much adversity and many challenges to achieve his current level of success. Through listening to this podcast, I realised that Rio is a hard-working,"don't beat around the bush" kind of person and I believe that it was these attributes that allowed him to have the great experiences that he was able to have throughout his life. One of these great experiences was ballet. Before listening to the podcast, I only knew Rio for the amazing football player that he is but now I've learnt that Rio was also a pretty amazing ballet dancer as a teenager. In his interview with Steven, Rio said that in the past he did a lot of gymnastics and whilst he was at a competition, he was recognised by a ballet scout because of his adept posture and physicality. As a result, at the age of 11 years old, he was invited to train at the prestigious Central School of Ballet in London, where he took classes there four times a week for four years. This sort of success was clearly not a part of the general code of conduct in the South London area that Rio grew up in and so he was obliged to make many sacrifices and face potential humiliation in order to continue his ballet training. Now Rio is such an icon, I believe there is something to be learned about his mindset. In life and especially in dance, I hear a lot about people giving up on their ambitions because they simply believe that life presents them with far too many challenges to make those ambitions a reality. With Rio, he faced up to the challenge of pursuing ballet, despite what people were thinking about him and in the end he became successful. If we as observers wish to do the same, we must adopt a similar attitude of self-worth, so that we too can conquer the obstacles that may present us in dance and in life.

The Diary Of A CEO

Did you know about Rio Ferdinand's dance background? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form below this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! 😀💜

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

Video channel links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday