Watching The Princess Switch in French - Blogmas day 3

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

On Saturday, I decided to watch my favourite Christmas movie, The Princess Switch, in French! As I'm sure many of you already know by now, I'm actually half French and having lived in England for so long now, I often find that it's difficult to keep up with my French. The other day, I was talking to my sister about the difficulties of learning to speak Japanese, which is a language that I'm currently studying in college right now. She said that I've got to immerse myself in the language, which is what I'm attempting to do through listening to things in Japanese. However, I thought that the same principle could apply to my French, so for the first time in a long time, I watched a film in French and it was great. I'm sure that I've already explained to you the basic story of The Princess Switch, but in case you've never watched it before or haven't seen my past blog posts, I will give you a brief run down. In The Princess Switch, a baker from Chicago called Stacey Denovo, enters a Christmas baking competition in Belgravia with her colleague Kevin Richards. Whilst in Belgravia, Stacey coincidentally encounters her doppelganger, the Dunchess Margaret of Montenaro, who is due to marry Prince Edward of Belgravia. Since Stacey and Margaret both look the same, they decide to switch lives for a few days so that Stacey can discover what it is like to be royal and so that Margaret can discover what it is like to be normal. As you can probably already guess, when the two switch places, they end up enjoying their new lives more than their old lives and Stacey falls in love with Edward and Margaret falls in love with Kevin. Basically, there is a lot of romance, a lot of snow, and a lot of Christmas trees. What's not to love for a Christmas movie?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€ I decided to watch the film on Netflix since you could easily change the language of the audio from English to French. Although the dubbing was pretty horrendous in the beginning, I got used to it in the end and my brain soon synchronised the lip movements to the audio, so I grew not to see any difference.πŸ€£πŸ’œ Overall, it was rather refreshing to hear something that was not in English. I might do the same in the future but maybe in Japanese?

Netflix

What other Christmas movies should I watch in French? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form below this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! πŸ˜€πŸ’œ

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Video channel links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Finding something new to study

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday