Online Dance Competitions?? - Life After Sixth Form (Post 5) - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Recently, I have been looking into the possible things that I could do during my gap year, which would allow me to pursue my main interests which are writing, history, and dance. At the present moment, I am still undecided as to what job I would like to get. I have been looking at a variety of different career options such as punting in Cambridge and working at historical National Trust sites in the area such as Anglesey Abbey. However, I'm unable to apply to many of them as my current focus at the moment are my finals for my IB studies and I feel the need to dedicate as much time to that as possible so that I don't have to ever come back to it again. However, I'm continuing to tweak my CV and I'm continuing to look around, just in case that magic opportunity does present itself. However, with regards to dance, I have been looking at a lot of things such as conventions, masterclasses, and competitions that are taking place around the UK. In my search for something interesting to do, I have found something that sounds quite good and that would require relatively low effort. It's an online dance competition hosted by Choreography Online, where dancers from across the world, send in videos that they have recorded of themselves dancing within the past year, to be judged by a panel of professional dancers and choreographers. If your video reaches the grand finals of the competition, it will be added to a gallery where viewers can vote for their favourite routines. The competition was established last year during the height of the pandemic and it proved to be a success for many dancers during that difficult time period, where they needed a platform to be seen. There is a small fee that you have to pay to enter the competition but the good thing about it is that there are a large category of dance styles to choose from and I have quite a few videos now from my Instagram reels. I am by no means the best dancer there. I am by no means the best dancer full stop. I have taken a quick look at the past participants of the competition and they all seem to have great technique and passion. But I think that joining in this competition could be a great way to have fun after my busy IB course and it would be a great learning experience for me anyway. Prizes include certificates, medallions, money, and scholarships but the competition is great because your video may have a chance of being seen by performance agencies from across the world. So all in all, it seems like a great opportunity. I'm still not sure if I am going to enter the competition. I might change my mind a few months down the line, who knows. But if I am going to enter the competition I will enter my contemporary routine that I did to Runnin' (Lose It All) by Beyoncé because its the correct time frame and has a clear style and lots of people seemed to like it. I probably won't win but it might be nice take part, we'll just have to see. 

Have you ever entered any competitions online? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form below this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! 😀💜

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study