The history behind Halloween 😱

Hi guys,

Welcome back to my blog! Today I am going to be talking about the history behind Halloween. Before I get onto this blog post, please make sure you subscribe to get all the latest and share this blog post with your friends. Today's shout out goes to Sananas on YouTube. She's a French beauty YouTuber. Her videos are especially good for people who would like to learn French because it's really easy to understand. Now let's get onto the blog post.

Halloween dates back to the ancient Celtic festival called Samhain.  It is thought that some of our modern day costumes came from the Celts. Samhain marked the end of the harvest and the start of winter 'the darker half'. The wall between our world and the other world thinned. It was thought that through this, spirits and beings would be more capable of entering our world. It was thought that these spirits would help the livestock through the winter. Offerings of food and drink were also given to these spirits. It is hoped that these spirits return on the night before the 1st of November. We call this Halloween.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 😱

Do you like Halloween? Let me know in the comments below. Special thanks to Phoebe's world for commenting and following, it really means a lot.

Follow me on my instagram-https://www.instagram.com/jujupage1/- Thankyou so much for hitting the goal of 100 followers. Thankyou all!

See you guys next time,

Bye

Comments

  1. Very interesting read,. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juju, thanks for stopping at my blog. I don't post on the recipe blog anymore, but I am still active on my regular blog. This was interesting and you do a great job of writing! I'm not a big fan of Halloween. Our kids always went trick or treating, but I don't like some of the darker aspects of it. I'm more into pumpkins and the harvest side of things. :) I also read you post on what you eat in a day and really enjoyed it!
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the pumpkin aspect too. Loads of people come trick or treating and admire our pumpkins!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Writing with my right hand vs writing with my left hand - The Ambidextrous Challenge