Long lost poem!

Cats sleep, anywhere,
Any table, any chair,
Top of piano, window ledge,
In the middle,on the edge,
Open drawer,empty shoe,
Anybody's lap will do,
Fitted in a cardboard box,
In the cupboard,with your frocks,
Anywhere, they don't care,
Cats sleep anywhere!

By Eleanor Farjeon

As I went up the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there,
He wasn't there again today,
Oh how I'd wish he'd go away!

By William Hughes Mearns

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Fun story! The other day I had a bit of day ja voo. I remember reading this poem with my sister about cats. I remember trying to memrise it! Me and my sister used to share a bedroom and one day we woke up really early chanting the poem really loud. I think it annoyed my parents!
The second poem I remember it really confusing me because it did not make any sense. This was the first time that I found out about nonsense poems.

Do you have any childhood poems? Let me know in the comments below,

See you next time,

Bye

XOX Juju

You should follow me on:
My book review blog📓-https://jujupage1sbookreviews.blogspot.co.uk

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Day with my friend + scary film aftermath 😱😀

Blogmas day 2- Setting up the tree!

Cambridge Youth Dance Company Taster Session - Dance Saturday

The difficulty of the artistic life - Dance Saturday