If at first you don't succeed, try, try again - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

If you follow me on Instagram, @jujupage1, you will know that I've spent the last 3 days on a little family holiday in Yoxford, Suffolk. I shall be posting all about how it went but today, on New Year's Day when you'll be reading this, I wanted to talk about something that you may find useful for the rest of the year. We want to start this new decade on a high so today I'll be focusing on the topic of perseverance. Now, on my holiday, I watched the first part of a new film that I've never seen before and it's called Eddie the Eagle. If you're a late 80s kid and British, you'll most likely know who Eddie the Eagle is but if you didn't know who he was like me, he was the first British ski jumper to compete in the winter Olympics, since 1928. His real name is Eddie Edwards but he was nicknamed Eddie the Eagle since he was able to compete at the age of 22 years old. Despite being passionate in sport and the Olympic games and being part of various other sports teams, he started ski jumping at the age of 22, when most professional ski jumpers would retire. The film comically portrays him as a determined spirit with Hugh Jackman portraying his coach. It's funny because despite the fact that everyone believed he was crazy, that he wore weird glasses, and he had a lot of injuries whilst practising, you could see zero quiver in his spirit. As soon as he stuck a land in the 15m jump, he moved onto the 40m jump straight away!😂 Even though the Olympic committee did not let him compete at first because he was an amateur, which is not what the Olympics is about, he was able to do so after landing a jump at a distance of 61m. He probably chose the most dangerous sport to compete in but he never lost his ambition or perseverance. Since we're all entering a new decade with new challenges, for me it's my GCSEs, we should all try to keep faith and lose our self doubt that makes us weaker. If we did not succeed once, it does not mean we won't ever succeed again. Eddie had to sleep in a mental hospital amongst many other weird places, not because he was mentally ill but because he didn't have the money for a bed anywhere else, whilst he was training in Finland. He was so keen to uphold his dream that he was willing to do anything for it. That is something we should take away today. People don't really remember the gold medallists, they remember the people who tried hard and were willing to participate, like Eddie did. So keep on trying!


Movieclips Trailers


This Morning


What are you determined to achieve this year? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

Video links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Writing with my right hand vs writing with my left hand - The Ambidextrous Challenge