Celebrating Mother's Day and my sister's 18th birthday - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Despite the social distancing and quarantining, I think that I can confidently say that we celebrated both Mother's Day and my sister's 18th in style. Currently, the UK is on lockdown because of the number people who were not social distancing but strangely on Sunday, we were able to have a great time, whilst still staying at home.

My dad put a candle and some wrapping paper in my room at 7:30 in the morning, whilst I was still asleep, so that I could wrap it up later on. Luckily I was still asleep because I tend to struggle with having lie-ins on weekends since I'm just so used to waking up early in the morning for school. I, rather messily, wrapped up the candle and finished writing the Tatty Teddy 18th birthday card. I quickly deposited my gift on the table in the living room and came back upstairs to sign my Mother's Day card that my sister made. I'm so thankful that my sister's an artist because she was the one who took control in making our mum a present. She painted a beautiful beach sunset on a slate, which my mum really liked when she saw it. 



As for my sister, she opened all her presents and was really happy to find an expensive bottle of champagne! If you're wondering, every time my parents drank alcohol she said, "oooh, can I try some?" Don't worry, she was very sensible with her drinking that day. Being still the baby of the household, I drank juice as a substitute. It was fine though because the food we had that day was great. My dad went out of his way to get us hot crossed buns and pains au chocolat for us to eat for breakfast. I'm not a big fan of hot crossed buns so I ended up having two pains au chocolat for breakfast and it was delicious. For lunch, my parents surprised me and my sister with a take away meal from a nearby pub called the Black Horse. They got mac n cheese, burgers, and chips. We couldn't eat everything so we ended up having leftovers in the evening but the food was great and I especially loved the burger. 





After this, me and my sister watched a bit of Netflix together. We watched A Quiet Place, which was a bit scary but an amazing film nonetheless. We also ate some birthday cake that my mum made and it was delicious. It was a plain sponge with chocolate buttercream and it was amazing, just like all the cakes my mum makes. Later on, me and my family also watched Set It Up, together in the evening. I'm not sure that my French mother quite understood the strong American accent and I think it was more of a teenage film but I found it quite funny and a good way to end the day.






How did you celebrate Mother's Day? What did you do to help your mum around the house? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Here's a lovely photo of me, my mum, and my sister from 2006. I was only 2 years old. 😂💜


Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study