Who is Jackie Chan? - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I hope that you're all still doing well during these strange times!πŸ’œ

Recently, I watched a film called the Foreigner with my family and it starred Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan in it. It's a film about a businessman called Quan, who ends up seeking revenge when his daughter (his only surviving family member) dies due to a politically-motivated terrorist attack. His search for her killers lead him to Northern Ireland, where a British government official seems to be hiding all the answers. From there, Quan gets involved in a desperate cat-and-mouse chase, in order to seek justice for his daughter, when no one else seems to be getting involved. Long story short, it's a real cracker and I would definitely recommend that you watch it because it's heart-felt as well as full of action. If you want to see Pierce Brosnan pulling off an Irish accent as well as a pretty cool character, I would recommend watching it for that reason too!πŸ˜‚

Zero Media


However, watching this film made me realise just how good Jackie Chan's films are. My title for this post is, "Who is Jackie Chan?" Well, if you don't know who he is, then seriously, where have you been? If I'm really going to jog your memory then you will probably recognise his voice when he played Monkey in Kung Fu Panda. However, Jackie Chan is also well known as a Chinese martial artist, actor, and producer, who typically performed his own stunts in his films, alongside his choreographic team, the Jackie Chan Stunt Team. Being his own stuntman is probably his signature trait and his acrobatic fighting style and innovative stunts are what make his films so iconic. He has acted in many films like: Hand of Death, New Fist of Fury, Druken Master, and The Fearless Hyena. My favourite film with him in it, however, is probably the Spy Next Door, which is about a former CIA agent called Bob Ho, who finds himself looking after his girlfriend's children who give him constant torture. If you like comedies and family films, then this is for you. However, all of his films are excellent and they won't disappoint you.

Good Morning America


Despite being 66 years old now, Jackie Chan is still an active stuntsman and seems to be fit and healthy for his age. I was impressed by his stunts in the Foreigner, which was quite a recent film of his. His famous persona as a stuntsman, I'm sure will never go unnoticed as Jackie now holds the Guinness World Record for the Most Stunts by a Living Actor. He has also created a legacy in his name, receiving many awards like the American Choreography Awards and the Taurus World Stunt Awards. If there ever was an actor that you would keep going back to in the years to come, it would probably be Jackie Chan.

Hope you enjoyed this post! I know that many of would have watched many of Jackie Chan's films.πŸŽ₯πŸ’œ

What is your favourite film by Jackie Chan? Have you ever watched a Jackie Chan film? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Video channel links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday