Bill and Oti's classic street commercial routine and Caroline and Johannes's timeless waltz - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I have been considering over the past 2 weeks if I should continue with the Strictly reviews since I wasn't sure if Strictly was as good as it used to be this year. However, in a sudden twist of fate, I've decided to continue with the reviews because there are some really good dancers on the show this year that deserve to be recognised and I do want to acknowledge that. It's also supposed to be fun which is one thing that we've been lacking a lot this year so I didn't feel right with stopping the Strictly reviews. I thought it would be more enjoyable if I just continued it. 💜

For this week, I wanted to talk about Bill and Oti's street commercial couple's choice and Caroline and Johannes's waltz. For me, Bill and Caroline are really amazing dancers and I would like to highlight that today.

Bill and Oti's street commercial routine was fun, energetic, and upbeat. I think that the music choice, Rapper's Delight, really allowed the routine to hone it's old town, back street vibe which is what I really liked about the dance. It was classic street commercial and it did not disappoint. I really like Bill as a dancer because although he is an older male, he dances like a young man with energy and rhythm. He really danced with groove and he kept up with his partner Oti. I also like Bill because he always brings his own style to every dance that he does and he always out performs every number that he does which is what makes it enjoyable to watch. What I think he could perhaps improve on going forwards is maybe a little bit more control in some of his movement because it can sometimes seem a little bit spiratic what he's doing. However, I could honestly compare Bill to that of the likes of a professional dancer because it's unbelievable what he can do at his age and I think that really showed in his street commercial routine.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing

Caroline and Johannes's waltz was really beautiful. I loved the music and the theme. It really was a traditional and classic waltz that was timeless on the dance floor. I really like how poised Caroline was throughout the whole dance and you can really tell that she was making a good effort to maintain a nice frame, beautiful fingers on Jphannes's arms, and really elegant footwork. I love the ballet elements in the dance as well. Caroline has excellent turn out and that develope at the beginning was gorgeous and you could really tell that she had some classical training in the past and I think that really worked with the waltz. However, what I think Caroline could improve on is a bit more drive. Right now, she's staying up on her toes throughout the dance and she just really needs to emphasise the heel leads a bit more so that it doesn't look too dainty. I think she's got all the potential to bring the technique in her feet home but she just needs to focus on it a bit more. It isn't always just about the elegance but also the driving motion through the legs and feet that really makes a waltz what it is. However, having said that, Caroline is also an excellent dancer for her age. I think after Strictly she should certainly continue dancing in another manner because she really has the talent and the work ethic to do so.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing

Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to Max and Dianne. I feel like Max was a really shy dancer when he started but he really showed improvements on his Strictly journey. It's a shame that he had to go so early because he really did have potential but Maisie and Gorka did really well too and they deserve to go through as well. Here is Max and Dianne's dance in case you didn't already see it. Max really did improve a lot and you can tell in this routine!

BBC Strictly Come Dancing ⬇️



Who's your favourite dancer out of the two, Bill or Caroline? Did you like Anton being the judge this time instead of Motsi? I thought he did a superb job but let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time, 

Bye, 

XOX, Juliette 💋

Access more strictly!

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Somme and Arras trip photos

Finding something new to study