Teaching street dance every week - My Trip to Tanzania (Post 14) - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

As I mentioned last week, I asked one of the girls who joined my last two holiday virtual street dance classes, to see if she wanted to take a class with me every week. Her mum emailed me back saying that she was actually going to ask me to teach her daughter every week but I beat her to it, so I guess that's a good sign. This means that starting from Tuesday at 4:30pm, I will be teaching street dance as a weekly class on Zoom and I'm really excited. 

I will be charging £4/hour for each class like last time, just as an introductory sum of money, but that will probably go up slightly later on if the classes are successful. It's still a good way for me to fundraise for my Tanzania trip next year and it will still help to contribute to my final sum of money. Since these classes will be more of an official thing, rather than just a casual workshop session, I'm hoping to do more than just teach new routines each lesson. I think it would be a good idea for me to teach some more technical exercises like practising to get the splits, doing some corner work if she has the space, and learning how to do some key street dance moves such as step ball changes and body ripples. That way, I can increase the difficulty of the routines I teach and hopefully challenge my student and make her a better dancer in return. 

The routine that I'm hoping to teach on Tuesday is the dance that I choreographed a few months ago to Now or Later by Sage the Gemini. I actually taught this routine to some of my sixth form friends during our online learning. They really enjoyed it but found it quite challenging because it was quite fast at times and the movements were quite complex. We also had just under an hour to share our choreography so I had to run through it quite quickly. However, I'm hoping through these extra technique classes that I will be teaching and through having a bit more time to go over the choreography, rather than learning it in the space of 3 days, I will be able to make sure that my student picks it up well. I will be doing a lot of repetition and giving her the chance to ask any questions about the sections she's not so sure about, so I'm sure she'll be able to grasp the choreography eventually. The last routine I did over the Easter to Don't Call Me Up by Mabel, was also quite challenging because the movements had to be structured and coordinated, but I could tell that she was grasping it really well so I'm not too worried. If you want to see my routine to Now or Later, you can watch the video that I posted on IGTV here. I'm sure I'll have lots to update you on next week about my class!

Have you ever tutored or taught someone in a subject before? Have you ever taken a dance class online or in person? Let me know in the comments below (or via DM/Facebook messenger) and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study