How to do a back bend *requested*

Hi guys,

Welcome back to my blog. Today I am going to be showing you how to do a back bend. There was a tie in the poll that I did a couple days ago on my Instagram and you guys requested to do a gymnastics blog post as well as a photography blog post. So I will try and add those two things together. Before I get on to the blog, I am going to be shouting out this Instagram account because I've been really loving their content recently. They're called dancing.drawings and they create amazing pictures of dancers. Here is the link to their account: https://www.instagram.com/dancing.drawings/. Now let's get onto the blog post.

Four key phrases to remember when doing a back bend are core strength, control, arm strength, and back flexibility. Without obtaining those, you won't be able to do your back bend. To improve your back flexibility, you could:
  • Do a seal stretch.
  • Do a seal stretch on your knees.
  • And do a pike.

For more information and detail, head on over to: https://jujupage1sblog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/how-to-improve-back-flexibility.html. I explained how to improve your back flexibility here and I can guarantee that it will help. 

To improve core and arm strength, you could:
  •  Do sit-ups.
  • Try pulling your arm across your chest, creating a deep stretch across your bicep. 
  • Try doing the plank. Make sure you keep your bottom down and your back straight for the full effect. 

When it comes to doing a back bend, here are some drills that you could do:
  • A bridge from the ground. Lie down on the ground and lift through your shoulders using your hands. 
  • A back bend walking down a wall. You could also get a friend or a family member to support your lower back if you want to attempt your back bend in a safe way. 

This is what the end product should look like:


Have you got your back bend? Let me know in the comments below. I really enjoy reading your positive comments! 

Follow me on my instagram- https://www.instagram.com/jujupage1/

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 💋

Comments

  1. Hi Juju...thank you for visiting my page. I am now following you and look forward to reading your posts
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG thankyou sooo much for commenting and following, it means a lot.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

What I got for Christmas 2017

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday