Hiplet-is it really a dance genre that does not discriminate?

Hi guys,

Welcome back to my blog. Today I will be talking about hiplet. Before we get on to the blog post, firstly, happy first of December. This weekend I will be doing my first days of blogmas so please do check that out. Also, comment down below who you think should get a shout out. Check back soon because I always reply to comments. If you haven't already, make sure you hit that follow button to get notified every time I upload a blog post. Now, let's get onto the blog post👉
I am pretty sure that you will all be wandering what on earth is hiplet? Well, good question. All it is is hip hop and ballet mixed together. It is known as the 'freeing' dance style.
 I was on YouTube one day, looking for unique dance styles to put into a routine, and I found the dance style hiplet. I watched the video and it was actually very interesting. One of the dancers said that at her old ballet studio because she was African American, that she was often over looked. She said that she was greatful to Homer Hans Bryant (the founder of hiplet) because he showed her that she could do anything. Is he really showing her that she can do anything?
 Personally, if I was African American and I was overlooked at a ballet studio, I would want to prove to them that I can do it. However, the so called 'freeing' dance style hiplet is portraying that they are week and need a new dance style to become a better dancer. I have personally no problem with the fact that its 'unique' but it is also not a freeing nor a dance style that does not discriminate. At the end of the day, if it did not discriminate, there wouldn't be just black people doing the dance but people of all races.

Just a little thought, let me know what you think,

See you next time,

Bye

Follow me on instagram📷-https://www.instagram.com/jujupage1/


Share with your friends!

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

Living in the present moment - Writing Wednesday

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

What I'm hoping to talk about in my English speaking exam- Writing Wednesday