"A guy don't need no sense to be a nice fella..," Of Mice And Men- The power of Writing- Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I'm sure most of us know about the great American author who wrote many of the iconic books like Of Mice And Men and Cannery Row. John Steinbeck is who we will be talking about today.

Interestingly, as I was researching John Steinbeck on Wikepedia, one of the key words that stood out to me were "for his keen social perception." I've read two of Steinbeck's books in the past and admittedly, the plot to his stories are very simple. Most authors try to create an interesting and detailed plot to lure in the reader but Steinbeck does not follow this trend. This is what makes his books really interesting to read. Due to the fact that the plot is very simple, it makes the story to the reader seem more real and relatable. In day to day life we may not always experience a climax or a happy ending to our story. 

Steinbeck's most outstanding book was Of Mice And Men. In his early life, Steinbeck lived in a small town on the world's most fertile land, where he worked on nearby ranches during the summer. Later he worked with migrants on Sprekels sugar beet farms where he learnt about the darker part of humanity. This gave him the inspiration to write about the evils of humanity  in Of Mice And Men. 

Nowadays, we may not live in a society free from racism but in comparison to the early 20th century, things have changed. We often forget how lucky we are to live in the world that we do today. The greatest novels like Cannery Row and Of Mice And Men are stark reminders to us to always be thankful of what we have today. I know when I read the books I was certainly shocked of the behaviour expressed in them. I truly believe that if stories like that can make us feel this way, then they are truly powerful.


Have you read Steinbeck's books and what do you think? Let me know in the comments below and I will be sure to reply to them.

See you next time,

Bye

XOX, Juliette

Support my work? Then click that follow button or subscribe to join the #pagetrouperfam! A community of people all turning their dreams into a reality!

Website used for research:
Steinbeck research

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
My book review blog

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday