How to choreograph a routine + My routine to Happier by Ed Sheeran- Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I think that as a dancer, you always have to know how to choreograph a routine. You never know when you might need to come up with a routine whether it's for an audition, solo etc. I know that there have been times when I've had to come up with a routine on a spot. So it's always good that you guys know how to do so.

Recently, I choreographed a routine to Happier by Ed Sheeran. It was a contemporary piece since It fit with the song. The first thing that I would recommend, if you can, is to choose a style that best fits with the song. I know that in the past, when I was told to devise a routine, we were given the choice on what styles we did and we all chose similar styles because they worked best with the song. 

You also want to put an emotion that fits best with the routine that you're doing. If you're doing a sad piece put in sad emotions. If you're doing a happy routine, then put in happy emotions. It's also important to use your face so that you can really give off those emotions. My last Dance Saturday was on how to use your face. If you would like to see how, then click the link here: https://jujupage1sblog.blogspot.com/2018/09/how-to-use-your-face-more-in-dance.html .

Finally, to really drew in the audience, it's a good idea to add in tricks. It could be as simple as an illusion to as difficult as a back-handspring. So long as you got the technique down, then adding a trick really finishes everything off.

How many routines have you choreographed? Let me know in the comments below and I will be sure to reply to them.

See you next time,

Bye

XOX, Juliette

Follow to become a #pagetrouper and to join the #pagetrouperfam!

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
My book review blog

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday