How we are so lead by the media- Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

The media can be a persuasive and manipulating place where people get drawn into the big titles and unofficial political propaganda that people are scared to say, has an impact on them. The classic example of this is Donald Trump. I'm not saying that he's the most amazing person that has ever walked this earth, but I think people have begun to believe that because he has a weird hair cut or an incredibly stupid voice, that that makes him a worse person than he actually is.

I was stuck around a month ago on what to write on the subject of gun crime in my English assessment. It seemed like an easy thing to write about at first but the more I thought about it, the more I realised that it was more difficult to write about than I thought. Not because it was necessarily a particularly difficult topic to answer, it's actually a lot simpler than we think, but when we're indoctrinated by such a one-sided perspective on America (i.e Donald Trump and his crazy plans to build a wall) it's easy to begin to lose the picture.

It turns out, as I had anticipated, that I didn't do well on that English test, not at all. The more I pondered over the prospect of how ignorant we are the more I realised we are all the more foolish. How has it become that we talk more about America's supposedly lax attempt to stop gun crime and Trump's crazy ideology more than we talk about the millions of people that die under capital punishment or in harsh prisons in China. How has it become that we talk more about how America has supposedly still kept to its racist ideology more than we talk about the people who risked theirs and their family's lives to escape North Korea. How is it that we've ignored 95% of the world's problems just to focus on the minority. 

We think we are grateful for what we have. We think we are doing good for the world. When in reality, if we still look at the headline "Clown Runs For Prez" and immediately believe that Trump is the most horrific man that has ever existed, than we're in reality, not much better than the person who would walk past a poor person and not offer help.

What can we do to not get corrupted by the media? The answer is very simple. Remember that there are always two sides to every story.

Are we being corrupted by the media? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

  1. You have a good deal of insight.....
    I think it’s a good idea not to believe everything we read. Just seeing something in print does not make it true. Limiting my exposure to news media helps me stay balanced. I was and am a Trump supporter. I’m also a believer in the sanctity of life from conception to the grave. A good deal of what makes the news is not always a true reflection of reality.
    One must develop their own convictions, standards and goals for living without being unduly influenced by the sensational headlines and tabloids.
    You are a pretty amazing young Lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, a great deal of what makes the news is quite often biased or exaggerated. It is just important to realise that there is always two sides to every story.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Somme and Arras trip photos

Finding something new to study