The double-edged sword of fame - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I think that when we're little, we do have a period of time when we think about what it might be like to be famous one day. I know that when I was little at least, I really had big aspirations to either be a famous singer or a famous writer. I think that many people can relate to this because when you're younger, there's this sort of fantasy element of being famous because you see your favourite actors and actresses on TV or you listen to your favourite singer and that's how you look up to them. 

However, I know that in recent events, the very negative sides to being famous have definitely been highlighted. I don't know the full story behind Caroline Flack, I just know that unfortunately she committed suicide quite recently because the media extensively publicised her court case against her partner. Before this, she was a TV presenter on very popular TV shows like Love Island and she even competed in Strictly Come Dancing with her partner Pasha Kovalev. Although I wouldn't really say I watched her all the time, since I'm not the biggest fan of reality TV, I know that she was not the only one to go through something like this. 

People don't realise how much you lose your privacy when you're so well-known. Demi Lovato released her documentary "Simply Complicated," a couple of years ago, where she talked about her drug issues during the time she was filming on Disney Channel and was just coming into fame in terms of her music career. I remember watching her when I was about seven years old, not knowing what she was going through at all. She became famous at a young age and she said that she turned to drugs because she wanted to be a normal teenager and have her own privacy, away from the public eye. She was still very young and she had a full-time job, which was a lot of pressure on her. Robin Williams, the famous actor and comedian, also suffered from severe mental health issues before his suicide because he was always forced to make his fans laugh. There was nothing he did for his own self, which made him feel as though he'd achieved something for himself. This is why fame is a double-edged sword. People begin to gain recognition for their talent or career instead of gaining recognition for who they are so in the end, people can feel lost. They're presenting a perfect model of themselves to please other people, instead of presenting the person who's still a work in progress. It's not all bad but it's definitely a lot more difficult to remain genuine when you're famous and in the end, that's what brings a lot of celebrities like Caroline and others, down. 

This Morning


Demi Lovato


Do you think that fame is a good thing? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Video attributions:
This Morning 
Demi Lovato

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study