The scary truth about technology-Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I spend a lot of time online. Whether it's blogging, posting a YouTube video, or posting a couple things on Instagram, I spend a lot of time online. I think a lot of people my age do too. It's not a bad thing; I've seen the internet take people further in life than I ever expected. For example, Zoella's first YouTube video was about the things in her bedroom and now, she has got over 10 million subscribers on her platform. That is a huge success. On the contrary, as well as this there are down sides to technology. If we rely on it too much, the day that it stops working, we will lose everything. A few months back I went to one of my small local Tescos with my mum to do some food shopping. We had got everything we needed and we were about to pay when the checkout stopped working. My mum and a few other customers could not pay using their cards. We waited quite a long time before we had to go to customer services to pay for everything. This just goes to show what a mess our lives would be if technology suddenly stopped working. It worries me that we dream of a future completely run by computers without thinking that if we invest our lives into them, when everything starts to shut down and not work, we will lose our history and everything we've worked hard for. This is why I am making the conscious decision to take a pen in my hand and write things down more. Whether it's what I did that day or what I got really annoyed about that day. We never know when we might lose everything.

Do you rely on technology? If so why? Let me know in the comments below and I will be sure to reply to them.

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
My reading blog
New TBR post out now!

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday