A lazy day in-My trip to Eastbourne!

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Hello Eastbourne! Yet another place I have not been to. My mum was asked to make a croquembouche for a wedding here in Eastbourne so here we are! However, while she was doing work in our apartment kitchen, I was lounging around for the whole day and boy did I love it! Since my school had their opening evening for the future year sevens on Thursday, we had a free Friday. That gave me just enough time to complete my homework, get packed and get travelling!

We spent most of the Friday travelling since we had to travel quite far south so it was a journey. But, we arrived just in time for an evening stroll on the promenade by the sea. My phone needed charging so I couldn't bring it with me to take photos but the views were just spectacular. You could tell that we were close to Brighton because the pier was so grand. It had this gold dome on the top of the building that lay on the pier and it was just glistening in the evening sun. So, so , so pretty!

The following day I woke up with quite a dry mouth because I was coming down with a cold and I was already dreading taking the Lemsip drink. I don't know about you but I just find it disgusting!

On a more positive note though, my dad woke up quite early that morning to get us nice things to eat for breakfast. I had a bagel with marmalade. I originally thought the marmalade was golden syrup until I saw the little picture of Paddington bear and realised it was actually marmalade. (Fun stories I know, you don't need to tell me, lol). I ate my breakfast on the balcony that overlooked the sea. What a nice thing to wake up to!




I then lounged around a little more, watched a little bit of escape to the country on TV, and watched CupcakeJemma again on YouTube until I decided that I was too gross and needed to have a shower. I felt a little bit better after having a shower since my cold wasn't playing up too much. I decided to wear my white top with gold buttons on one shoulder with my black jeans from my favourite place, Tesco! 




After some more lounging about, I decided that it was a good time to try and finish my book "Felix" on the oh so famous railway cat. I didn't get very far though since I was called to have lunch. My mum didn't join us until later because she was still baking but she insisted that we start eating. So, for lunch, I had a quarter of a baguette with ham and camembert. Very nice!




I finished eating and decided to go back to the room to finish reading my book. After a half hour, I made it to the end. What an accomplishment! I'm a slow reader so it takes me a long time to finish these things. But I did.




I must say, after finishing my book I was pretty bored. I tried reading my other French book but found that I was a bit bored of reading. I started to pester my dad a little bit as usual but just gave up and retired to my room. 

16:50, the time my parents left to deliver the cake to the wedding. Now extremely bored, I decided to watch some Tasty videos about cooking professions. One was about confectionary and the other was about bread making. They were both quite interesting to be honest and by the time I looked at the clock, it was 17:30. I decided to have yet another shower since I was beginning to feel a little rubbish due to my cold.

After having had my shower, I switched on the TV to check when Strictly was on. It was 18:20 and strictly started at 18:30 so I watched a bit of Pointless Celebrities because there was no point in switching channels at this point. 

Strictly began and me, my mum, and my older sister sat round the TV to watch it whilst my dad went to the kitchen to prepare dinner. My dad hates Strictly so anything that he can do other than watch Strictly is brilliant for him. Lol. 




My dad had finished cooking the catch of the day, sardines, and we all decided to set the table for dinner. We were about to start eating when big "boom", "boom", drumming sounds came from outside. I didn't know what it was at first until my dad said that it was a parade. Later we found that it was a big torch-lit bonfire parade. They tend to have weird parades around here! Lol.








We ate our dinner on the table in the living room. Straining our ears to listen. Eventually the drums stopped and we could continue watching Strictly in peace and quiet.

We finished watching Strictly. Whilst I ate some leftover passion fruit creme pate! Delicious. We then got ready for bed and later fell asleep.

Good night everyone, :)

What do you like about the seaside? I like breathing in the relaxing sea air. Let me know your answers in the comments below and I will be sure to reply to them.

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

Any French cake enquiries in Cambridgeshire? Visit my mum's website:
Gourmandises

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

Second blog:
My reading blog


Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

Is figure skating a dance style? - Dance Saturday

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

500th blog post special: My experience of baby ballet - Dance Saturday