My opinion on Doctor Who being a woman- News segment- Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Growing up, I have always been watching Doctor Who. I would watch it after Strictly just to stay up a little later (lol). I would watch the Christmas specials etc. I think it's fair to say that I'm a bit of a fan. But what has upset me the most recently was the fact that they changed the Doctor to being a woman. For years on end, families and children have been watching a male actor as the Doctor and no one cared about it then. Subsequently, I am a little bit confused as to why people care so much now. Technically, the Doctor can change into anything he wants to be wether that is a woman or an animal. But the reason as to why he was neither of those things for so long was because it fit into the story better to be a male.  The production team of Doctor Who isn't trying to offend people they are just trying to do their job which is to make an entertaining program. I was so disappointed with the new episode that aired before the results on Strictly. This program has got nothing to do with politics so I'm a little concerned by them drawing politics in and bringing a feminist ideology. No one has changed Romeo and Juliet to being two women, no one has changed has changed Harry Potter to being a female because that is not the story. It is just what is authentic to the story and what is authentic and classic about Doctor Who is that its a different male each time. I didn't get offended by it and other women didn't too. But for those who did, ask yourself the question "is it really offensive?"

What are your opinions on this subject? Let me know in the comments below and I will be sure to reply to them.

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX,Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel
New video out now on my channel on how to make a plum tart!

My second blog:
My reading blog

Comments

  1. I watched Dr. Who for many years when it was shown here in the U.S. Unfortunately it was taken off (too expensive to buy it) but I was never offended by the Dr. being a male. I don't think I could watch it with a female character. I am so in agreement with you. Some things should just be left alone. And not everything needs to have a feminist agenda. I hope the Dr. regenerates back into a male soon! (I was a huge Tom Baker fan. I even knit myself a Dr. Who scarf!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, same! I wish The Doctor regenerates soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

Is figure skating a dance style? - Dance Saturday

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

500th blog post special: My experience of baby ballet - Dance Saturday