Blogmas day 3- Not my best performance :(

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Today I woke up really happy and excited because I had my dance exam. I thought I was ready; I set up my bag,put on my street uniform, and did my hair. I then got in the car and drove to the studio with my dad.

When I arrived, they checked what I was doing first and it was ballroom. However, I was dressed and ready in my street uniform. Luckily, I had arrived 30 minutes early which was what was required so I got my dress and my shoes out of my bag and went to the toilets to change. I then returned to the studio to get my number pinned to my dress. Suddenly, everyone was saying that I needed to hurry up because I was dancing next. However, my first dance was at 11:50 and it was only 11:30. However, I was told to run to the down stairs studio so I did. There I met up with my dance teacher and she was telling me what I was going to do. She said "you're doing waltz and samba" and I stupidly replied "yes" out of the blue even though I had practiced waltz and paso doble. Think that i had practiced the wrong dance the whole time, I walked into the studio. I did the waltz and samba just fine; in fact I was better at samba than paso but it kind of made me confused and threw me a little off my game. When we exited Chrissie, my dance teacher apologised that I did the wrong dance. She has quite a lot of students to teach so it's understandable. I probably should have said something instead of doubting myself. 

I then went upstairs, got changed into my street uniform, and went downstairs again to perform. I think I did my dances well but I didn't feel 100% because I did the wrong dance previously. However, although I didn't feel that it went well I do think that it looked good in front of the examiner.

I did get upset about it when I went home but it's just all part of the learning curb and something that I may have to deal with in the future as a professional dancer.

Have you ever not performed your best at something? Let me know in the comments below and I will be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:-
The Book Hub 

Comments

  1. I'm sure there are many times when I did not perform my best. But I am so happy to hear how well you did in the Samba even though you did not know you were going to do it. That shows real talent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study

Being a model and role model are two separate things

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special