Blogmas day 9- Christmas isn't always great for everyone- Ways we can give back this Christmas

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I am very fortunate to receive lots of amazing presents under the Christmas tree every year from clothes to electronics. However, i'm sure we've seen countless adverts on TV talking about some of the hardships some people worldwide and in our local communities have to go through. And whilst it's amazing to receive such amazing presents from the people we love, we have to remember that some people don't get that luxury. Consequently, it's always important to think of the ways we can give back. Here are a few examples!

  1. Donate food to a food bank. As I've mentioned in my Blogmas day 3 post, me and my family gave a can of peas to the food bank on the day we bought our Christmas tree. A can of peas is not a lot but it's practical and its also something. A kind man was handing out a leaflet about the food bank and instead of walking past him we decided it was a good idea to give back. I know that there are some people struggling in the area I live I. Even though they work, some days in the week, they do rely on a food bank to provide food for their family.
  2. Buy a gift for a family who can't afford it. I know Heart Radio hosts a gift giving tree in the Grafton centre, Cambridge. I'm not entirely sure but my family is trying to see if we can buy a present for one of the families this year. If so, we've decided on a family with a teenager since they may want something that their parents cannot afford.
  3. Donate to homeless charities. There has been a few problems with directly donating money to a homeless person since they're not always reliable but we can give to homelessness charities since they know who is the right person to donate to. By donating, you're making someone's Christmas just a little bit better so it's worth doing.
  4. Be thankful for what you already have. It's a simple thing but it makes the world a difference in how you act when receiving gifts from others. Just being thankful that you were fortunately born into a family who could provide you with the things you wanted is the best thing you can do. 
Are you giving back this Christmas? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

Writing with my right hand vs writing with my left hand - The Ambidextrous Challenge