The amazing narration of the Nile in the Earth's Greatest Rivers documentary- Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Recently, I watched this amazing documentary called the Earth's Greatest Rivers which was narrated by David Oyelowo. It was a series and there was one episode on the Mississippi and the Amazon but today, I watched the one on the Nile. I am all for documentaries that teach us about what we are doing to our planet and the damage we're making, such as deforestation and global warming. However, every once in a while, it's nice to just watch documentaries that are all about the beauty of nature and how the human race is enhanced by it. I have never heard of the narrator David Oyelowo before but he seriously made the documentary seem like your reading a picture book. His voice entirely complements the amazing shots taken. 

I honestly learnt so much about the Nile. I found out that there are giant masses of papyrus leaves that float away on the water likes giant land masses, which is a bit annoying for the animals that build their homes on them. Lol. I also found out there is a season where big swarms of flies cluster around the banks of the Nile. There are so many of them that people eat them. They contain 5% more protein than meat. What I found most shocking though, was that in the old ruins where dictator, Idi Amin, ordered the killing of 300,000 people, a whole entire ecosystem was created. Porcupines, bats, lions,leopards, hyenas, and even wild boar took up residence in the old buildings, and their behaviour seemed to change in comparison to their usual environment. They filmed the activity of the area at night and one lost piglet, away from it's wild boar mother, was lying in a room when a leopard entered. I thought, the leopard would take it as its meal but instead it just walked away and left it. Weird right?


BBC EARTH


Why do you think that the leopard left the baby piglet alone? Let me know in the comments below and i'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Watch the full documentary here:
World's Greatest Rivers- The Nile

BBC Earth channel:
BBC Earth YouTube channel

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday