How I celebrated my mum's birthday - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Last Friday, on the 1st of March, was my mum's birthday. We didn't do much to celebrate in the morning since we were all fairly busy; my sister had to go to college at 7am and I had to go to school later on. It was pretty chaotic. Not like it used to be, when me and my sister went to the same school. However, my mum didn't hesitate to feel the presents and wonder what was underneath the yards of Christmas wrapping paper. Yes, I know, we're cheap. We just don't see the point in getting birthday themed wrapping paper when we've got tones of Christmas wrapping paper lying around. We only make the effort if we're wrapping gifts for friends. Other than that, we just CBA.

Anyway, when I did got home from school that day, we finally opened all the presents. Does anyone else's parents pick up a wrapped up bottle of wine and go "hmm, I wonder this is?" because my mum does that a lot. We also had a laugh at the cards we got her. Mine had a black and white photo of the Queen doing a cheery wave with a speech bubble saying "happy birthday peasants!" We like weird jokes like that in our family. Do your family do the same? You probably don't but oh well.😂

Then, we told my mum that we were going to the Ivy in Cambridge since my dad knew that she's never been there before and that apparently it's really posh. As I explained in my previous post. Since my mum said, "oh don't worry, I heard it's not that posh!" I decided to wear something smart and casual and went for my autumn yellow jumper,some blue jeans, my dark green flower broach by Enwrapture, and because it was Friday and I just CBA, I decided to wear my fuzzy socks under my boots. Well, big mistake! Turns out, it was quite posh. You could tell because as soon as I walked in, a lady came up to me and asked "please may I take your coat?" (*face slap*)

Anyway, after nearly picking the beef tartare which if you're not sure what that is, because I wasn't either, it's basically raw beef, we settled down to eat. My starter was not beef tartare, it was actually salmon with rye bread and it was very nice! For main, I had the Ivy burger and my mum had lobster. We were all in awe at how she ate it, not leaving any bit of precious meat behind. To finish, for dessert, me and my sister shared a chocolate bomb cake. The one where you pour hot caramel over a chocolate dome and the whole thing unravels. My mum and dad shared a rum cake. We were all pretty stuffed by the end of it, but we really enjoyed ourselves and the food was amazing!

What's your favourite thing about going to posh restaurants? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday