Oti and Kelvin's epic Samba and Will and Janette's insane quickstep on week 1- Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Last Saturday, I watched the first episode of Strictly Come Dancing, 2019! I can't believe how amazing each couple was. For week 1, it was definitely like watching an episode at week 8. 

In Kelvin and Oti's samba, Kelvin really maintained great technique, and I think that was what made him have the highest score of the day. For a male to be good at samba they must keep up with the beat of the music because in the samba, you really have to be able to move your hips. I think that was what he was good at doing and it was clear to see because he kept up with Oti. He also had excellent musicality and rhythm during his samba basic and walks. What I would correct is his hand placement, like Craig said because when he was exchanging arms with Oti, his hands were slightly splayed. However, other than that, his performance really looked professional and I think the whole audience was surprised by this dance.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


I was also surprised by Janette and Will's performance. Janette really enhanced Will's dance to suit his personality and that was what really shined through. Will has a disability that affects his joints and because of that, his ankles are fused and he struggles to move his hands and wrists. However, despite this, he really maintained great musicality and rhythm. It was like watching a funky old-fashioned film and I think that was because Will was not afraid to use his face. Like the judges said, he couldn't do everything so he definitely made up for it by doing what he could do. It wasn't like watching a person with a disability dance, it was like watching two professionals dancing. If he just keeps up the technique and posture building, he will probably go far.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


Who do you think will be the first one out of Strictly tomorrow?!😮Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Make sure to follow and subscribe, so that you don't miss any more of these amazing posts!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Strictly!
BBC Strictly Come Dancing

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

Writing with my right hand vs writing with my left hand - The Ambidextrous Challenge