Being genuine is a gift - 1 Year To Get To College - (Post 4) - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

A few days ago, was National Mental Health Awareness Day and many people posted on their Instagram, really positive and uplifting things about their own journeys. I read the post that Katie Piper posted on her Instagram, under the image of her recovery process, after her horrific acid attack and how she got herself out of some dark places afterwards. I truly felt for her and all the many other people going through similar health issues after horrific events. However, whilst many people get mental health issues after horrific events, others get it through just the stress of everyday life. Whilst the west is an extremely rich and successful sector of the globe, it can also be one of the most imprisoning. It wasn't until I went to Portugal, that I realised how stressful our part of the world is. I went to a really cut off part of the country, near the city of Porto, and the difference between the city folk and the country folk was like day and night. In the city, they were very much artificial in the way they did things because everything had to have a set schedule to suit people's busy lives. In the country, whilst there is less to do in terms of job opportunities, the people are so much more humble and genuine and I don't think I've ever heard of someone who had anxiety or depression in a place like that. With the means of social media in our modern day world, not only is it not nice to see some of the things that get posted, it's also not genuine because people can't be real about things behind a photo that everyone is going to see. I use Instagram a lot but would I say, it's an exact representation of my life, absolutely not. I do however, try to be as honest as possible about the things I post on my blog because I believe that sharing what you really think about things, leads to a better world. We're very much the plastic age in the amount of rubbish we chuck in the ocean and use up but were also the plastic age in how fake we can act. We are a very advanced species, there's no doubt, but we're still animals and most of the time, we just want to be natural and have a shoulder to cry on. There's only so much technology can provide us with on an emotional scale, it is not our solution for everything. So if you're feeling a bit rubbish about life or yourself, I actually get that because you live a life on the extreme end of good, and the extreme of anything can be stressful. Just ask for help from the humble people around you and don't turn to the pixels on your phone and don't bottle it in because you think that you don't have a right to.

Hope this makes the GCSE stress a little easier to deal with.x


CBBC



What does being genuine mean to you? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe, so that you don't miss any more of my posts!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

CBBC:
CBBC

Genuine help by genuine people:
The Samaritans

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

October favourites

How can we help our planet?-Juju

Dance is a universal language - Dance Saturday

My extended essay and my IAs + How I'm feeling about entering year 13 - Lifestyle Monday