I let stress get the better of me - 1 Year To Get To College (Post 6) - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I don't really know what has been the difference between these recent mock exams, in comparison to the ones in year 10, but I've been really feeling the pressure and I've found it difficult to control my nerves. I've been doing a lot of revision, online and in my revision guides and I know that deep down, I know the content for the majority of my subjects but for some reason, it literally feels like I know absolutely nothing at all. I know it's not true but this week, I did let the stress get the better of me and it really showed. I'm part French and I know my second language fluently but on my recent speaking exam, I just had a complete mind blank and I honestly felt like crying in the exam. I wasn't even stressed about the French exam, I was just stressed about everything else and I couldn't even think of a way to extend my answers further.  Long story short, I went home and I cried to my mum because I was frustrated with myself and I felt like I let myself and everyone else down, if I'm being completely honest. However, in a weird way, I'm glad that I gobbled then because I understand how paralyzing stress can be sometimes. I think the reason why I'm acting up now is because I know how the exams work and its making me feel a little bit intimidated because I know a little bit more about what to expect. I also did really well in my previous exams, especially in my chemistry exam as I got 72%, and I don't know if I can live up to that again. However, I've got to stop doubting my abilities if I want to progress. These exams are only a practice and as my maths teacher said, it's not about the result, it's what message you take from the result and what you choose to do about it. I know that the only reason why my teachers expect greatness, is because I have the ability to achieve it. I've got to give myself permission to fail and give each exam, 110% of my energy.



Hope you had a brilliant Remembrance Sunday and I hope you spent it with your loved ones.

How do you deal with stress before exams? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Click one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post! It would really help me a lot.

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this with a friend who might find this article helpful!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday