Going to see Last Christmas at the cinema + a fun day out with my mum - Blogmas day 2

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

As some of you may know, if you follow me on Instagram @jujupage1, I had a day off school on Friday because it was a teacher training day. Consequently, me and my mum decided to go into to town to have lunch and watch Last Christmas in the cinema. It was a great way to relax because I've been working hard, trying to finish my November mock exams. I was a bit disappointed because I didn't do as well as i'd hoped to do in maths and I felt a bit gutted because I'd really tried to do as much as possible to ensure I was prepared. I think that these exams were just not my exams and some of my results weren't what I'd expected but you've just got to dwell on it for a bit and then try to move forward. I really enjoyed this day out with my mum and I think that it was good that we both took the time out of our week to do something fun. I think we should do it more often!

We first arrived at the Grafton Centre in Cambridge, where the cinema was. We first tried to look for somewhere to eat. We were stuck between Amelie, Signorelli's, and Chi's. Signorelli already has a restaurant near Primark but they've recently set up another restaurant in the Grafton Centre. Their food looked really nice as they've added a new system where you can pick out the food you want in a really nice buffet section. However, as it was my choice, I chose to eat at Chi's, which is an Asian food restaurant. We were closer to it and the food looked amazing. We had the starter and mains delivered all at the same time. For a starter, we had sriracha, Korean-style, hot chicken wings. They were delicious and the sweet and sour sauce didn't have too much  sugar in it, which was a plus. Along with our starter we also had fried gyozas and as our mains, we had steamed bao buns, with fried chicken. The food was so amazing that we had to come back for more. They had a really good paying system so it was easy to go and get more because the portion sizes weren't the biggest.






After lunch, we went out to get a new brush from Wilkinson because mine broke and I needed to get a new one. We also went and got a present for 12 year old Chloe, from the gifting tree. It's a great charitable organisation set up this year by Star Radio. It allows parents who do not have enough money to have aid to actually provide their children with presents for Christmas. My family were not able to do this last year so this year, as soon as we walked past the gifting tree in the Grafton Centre, we got a present straight away. This time we got some chocolates, biscuits, and fairy lights. I think that it's especially difficult to get a gift for a teenager since they want more expensive and fashionable things so it felt good to help out a parent in this respect. In terms of my new hair brush though, I don't really like it that much because it's got the extra fibres attached to it which doesn't really work with my frizzy hair, even though it's supposed to help with it. However, i'm not complaining. It isn't the end of the world.





After shopping, we decided to go to a new chocolate shop in the shopping centre called, Harry Specters. It is great because it is a new social enterprise that employs autistic people. Their chocolates are really artisan as well and are made to the highest quality. I'm so happy that they won the pitch competition to see who would get an investment to set up a shop in the shopping centre. We got apple and cinnamon chocolates and banana caramel chocolates. I haven't tried them yet but I'm sure they're amazing!



 

After that, we delivered our gift straight away and then went to have a look at the Black Friday Christmas section in H&M for fun, just to kill time. I'm not the biggest fan of Black Friday because of all the consumerism behind it but the Christmas section wasn't great anyway so we decided to go to the cinema instead.

I got M&Ms as a snack for the cinema and my mum got popcorn. I decided to go to the toilet beforehand and then after that, we went into the theatre. When me and my family go to the cinema, we usually go to Bury St Edmunds because it's cheaper but this time we decided to go into Cambridge because it's closer. Consequently, I wasn't expecting to get reclining chairs and our own tables. It was so comfortable. 





Last Christmas was a great film. Aside from all the Wham songs that it featured, the story line was great. Even though it was a Christmas movie, it wasn't too cheesy and actually it had the right mixture between funny and serious moments. The ending of the film was the best part because there was a massive plot twist. Overall, it was great and I would really recommend going to watch it!



What do you do on a day off? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
Watch my new YouTube video on my day out, here!

My second blog:

Comments

  1. What a fun day! I felt as if I were with you as you ate and shopped and watched the show. I am going to look for that movie and see if it is around here so I can see it. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a great movie! Please go and watch it. 💜

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

October favourites

How can we help our planet?-Juju

Dance is a universal language - Dance Saturday

A lazy day in-My trip to Eastbourne!