Building up your strength as a dancer - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I'd say, no matter what kind of dancer you are, strength is really important. Dancers do need a certain level of flexibility in order to pull off all the technical movements and tricks and it definitely does make for a more cleaner and neater final performance. However, I think that strength is just as important, especially for those long and challenging routines that require a lot of physical endurance. At dance lessons on Thursday, we're beginning to do a set of core strength exercises once every month. I definitely think that this is really helpful for me because I'm more of the flexibility type instead of the workout type. It's no good being able to do all these amazing kicks and leaps, if you can't last the performance so we've been doing lots of different sit ups and cardio vascular exercises. I think that it's a common misconception that ballroom and Latin dancers don't need a lot of core strength but in actual fact, they do. In the Latin dances like the samba and cha cha, there's a lot of rotation in the hips and that really comes from the core because you have to execute those hip movements along with the correct footwork. However, just about any style of dance requires core strength. Ballet dancers need a good core strength in order to not fall out of their turns and in street dance, dancers need a good core strength in order to maintain the dynamics of the routine. In street on Tuesday, we did some freezes like the baby freeze and the frog freeze. This also required a lot of strength to maintain the stands and I definitely felt the impact in my arms the next day. These are all clear reasons as to why strength is important for any dancer. Not only does it keep you in shape but it allows you to pull off any routine with ease which is why it's such a necessary thing to keep up.

Pixabay


Do you maintain your core strength? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Pixabay:
5132824

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study