Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?- Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I'll be honest, there are very few political leaders and activists that I appreciate. I'm not a fan of politics because I think it can turn into a huge fight for personal gain and people always try to one-up each other. I also don't pay attention to the news much because politics is streamed all over the face of it. However, I've been reading Becoming Michelle Obama, as some of you may know if you read my book reviews on my second blog, and she portrays these really inspirational ideas and one of them I thought I would share with you today. I didn't really know much about the Obamas, prior to reading this book but after reading a few chapters, I understand the amazing story behind the First Lady herself. Having met Barack, Michelle accompanied him on many different talks that he did in some of the deprived parts of Chicago. One talk he did, he was speaking to members of the local community, who had faced financial difficulties. They all thought that Barack was there to do his talk to sympathise with their situation but he listened to what they had to say and they soon realised that he was there to help them. He said an amazing line that I quote from Michelle's words: “The choice, as he saw it, was this: You give up or you work for change. “What's better for us?” Barack called to the people gathered in the room. “Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?” I feel like this line is very relevant to today because we seem to let the things that we don't like about our world, slip through our fingers and we believe that we have to listen to what someone else says, even if we disagree. I believe that there is always something that we can do to change the way things are done. It may be small or it may be big but if we want to make the difference, we should settle for nothing less. The way that I would like to change things in the future, is to have more acceptance and opportunities for different people. I was really inspired by seeing these wheelchair dancers perform these amazing routines on stage and I was thinking of probably having dance classes for people with disabilities in the future, when I eventually own my own dance school. I think that we should always strive to build the change that we think is right for our world, despite what others say against it. This is the only way in which things can be done in the way we want them to be.

What changes would you want to see in your community? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study