A day in the life of a teenager in quarantine - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Overall, I thought that Saturday was a great day. I really enjoyed having a long weekend because I could have a little more time to myself, without having to think about homeschooling. I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who also liked my VE Day post on my Instagram. I wrote that post very quickly but I thought that I couldn't not write anything for the 75th anniversary, which was such a significant occasion. If you would like to see that post, then you can find it on my Instagram, which is linked below. However, if you want to know how my Saturday went then please keep on reading!

I woke up at around 7:15am and although I was still a little tired, I couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to watch some YouTube in bed for a bit. I'm really enjoying watching Joe and Dianne's Sims series on Joe Sugg's  gaming channel. I don't know why but I'm getting hooked on watching people play the Sims again. It is really dumb but you do find yourself getting somewhat emotionally attached to the Sim characters. I would say don't watch it but if you're bored during lockdown, I wouldn't exactly say it's a bad thing because it does fill the time and you will literally become hooked to the series!😂

I also finished up a couple of things on my latest blog post about Burn the Floor for my Dance Saturday post and I also created a poster for the article on my story. If you haven't seen it already, then I suggest you give my previous post a read because it is really interesting.

After watching some YouTube and publishing my post, I then got up and went down the stairs to sort out the chickens and clean their hutch. Update on the chickens, they're still not laying eggs but it hasn't been a month yet so they are still a bit young. We joke saying that they will be for the pot if they don't start laying soon!😂 The problem is that they just keep on eating and they don't just eat any old scraps that you give to them. No, my dad has to fry the vegetables in the pan, add salt and pepper, then add olive oil and then they'll actually start eating it. There's nothing left when you come back and yet when you go up to their cage they start bouncing around the way they usually do when they're starving and want food. As my mum likes to call them, LITERALLY GOURMET CHICKENS!

I digress but seriously, who knew that chickens were so sassy. Nevertheless, me and my sister take turns to do the cleaning and giving them water. On Saturday, it was my turn to give them some water. Appart from the fact that they kept pecking at my trouser legs, I would say that it was a success!

After cleaning and feeding the chickens, I went and got myself some breakfast. We like to have a healthy diet in this family (not really) but I had a bowl of yogurt with some fruit, oats, and honey. While I was doing that, my mum was running around doing her deliveries. She is doing some amazing patisserie boxes for general customers and NHS workers but it has been tough. She had over 30 boxes to do during the week and she has been running around the block quite a bit. Me, my dad, and my sister have offered to help but it's been a stressful week so we like to keep out of the kitchen as much as possible. I made my breakfast quickly and went into the living room to watch some Doctor Who with my sister.

My Breakfast! :) 

After breakfast, I got myself ready for the day and filmed a barre exercise that I learnt from one of my school's set of online videos. I put it on my Instagram and although I'm not much of a ballerina, the exercise was simple and great for ballroom and street dancers too. I would recommend that you give it a go because it's really helpful! I wasn't sure wether or not I would take part in the online videos sent by my dance school as they were also doing interactive Zoom lessons. However, it's always good to support a small business and I do like doing dance as well. I actually found it quite fun to do as it was a great way to relax.

Jujupage1's Channel


After that, me and my sister also went over a routine that we did to Migente at dance. It was a commercial street routine and one of our favourites so we decided to make a video on that as well. My sister had just done a workout before this so I had to wait until she had finished but we decided to film the video out on the patio since it was sunny outside. It wasn't very professional but we managed to find good lighting and the right angle so it ended up looking great. It should be up on my Instagram when you read this post.

Once we had filmed the dance video, I went back upstairs and relaxed for a bit before having lunch. My dad had made lunch because my mum was doing her deliveries and he made corned beef hash with tomatoes and pilchards and it was really nice. I forgot to take a photo but the food was still great. 

After lunch, I relaxed a bit and at about 2:00pm, me and my sister decided to go on a walk together. It was a bit hot that day so we had to wear sunglasses and sun-cream. My sister also brought a bottle of water with her too which was an absolute life-saver since the walk ended up lasting about and hour and a half and near the end we were in need of some hydration. We had also walked through a path that was overgrown with weeds and we got stung by a few stinging nettles. It seemed like a bit of a trek for us!😂 The field at the back of our garden looked really pretty though as the plants had gone a really amazing reddish colour. I don't know what had caused it.

The red field

When we got back, I watched the latest Joe and Dianne Sims episode (you can tell that I'm a bit obsessed), and then I had a shower. 

My dad had just gone out to La Latina Bustaurante again to pick up a takeaway we were having. Last week, we had the same delivery but because my mum was swapping her cake box for the delivery, the owners refused to take payments. Instead, we got another delivery from them and this time we actually paid. They serve Latin American food and it's absolutely delicious so it cannot simply go unpaid. I got my usual Tostones with pulled pork, beans, cheese, and salsa and Empanadas on the side. We sat outside and ate dinner because it was still sunny.

Empanadas

Tostones

Once we had finished dinner, we sat outside for a bit to watch the sunset on our sun-loungers. I ate some left over cake from my mums deliveries. We talked and me, my mum, and my sister went to see the chickens. Again, they were bouncing around looking for food. When my mum gave them a dandelion leaf, they were all over it!😂💜

We finished the day watching Line of Duty. Can you tell that me and my sister are obsessed with this series too? We are now onto the last series which is series 5. I don't know if they've filmed series 6 yet because of the Coronavirus but I do hope that that series comes out soon because it's brilliant!

And with that, we brushed our teeth and went to bed!

How was your Saturday? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Somme and Arras trip photos

Finding something new to study