Harvey and Janette's energetic jive and Maisie and Gorka's fiery Samba - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I was overall, really impressed with the level of talent that was displayed on Strictly Come Dancing last Saturday. Obviously, some significant changes had to be made to the show so that it could be continued in the safest way possible. However, I don't think that any of the dancers lacked in energy or performance value and I think that that made it all the more enjoyable to watch. There is of course room for improvement but I was impressed by the starting level of talent that was displayed. I was particularly impressed with Maisie and Gorka's samba and Harvey and Janette's jive. Maisie and Harvey were the two celebrity dancers who really caught my eye on the opening show and they did not fail to impress me on Saturday. Let's break down how they did.

You can tell that Maisie is an actress because in terms of performance value, she really brought it to the dance floor. I found myself really watching her face throughout the whole time she was dancing because she did not fail to bring that fierce energy to the routine. I also agree with Oti, her hips did not lie. Over the years, samba has become one of the most challenging dances to execute and that's mainly because the celebrities have struggled to maintain that hip action, without it being fake. However, as Oti said, Maisie did keep up with that hip action throughout the whole of that routine and it felt geniune which I really liked. The area that Maisie could probably improve on is her technique. Her leg work was really sharp and on point but I think that she just needs to work on stretching her feet more in the dance. It's really difficult as an amateur dancer to point your feet that much throughout a dance but if she can improve on that, it will just enhance her performance that much more. Overall, she did an amazing job and I was really impressed!

BBC Strictly Come Dancing

I was also really impressed with Harvey's jive. Considering that Harvey had never heard of the jive before he did really well. I mean, he was on top of the leaderboard and got the first 9 by Oti in week 1, which is a huge accomplishment on his part. I think what I really liked the most about Harvey's jive was his energy and musicality. He really kept his stamina up throughout the dance and he wasn't afraid to groove with the music. I think that that's what enabled him to execute such flawless turns and amazing kicks and flicks. He really straightened his legs throughout the routine and kept up with the beat of the music. You could also tell that he was having fun which made the energy of jive stand out more. Similarly with Maisie, what I think I would improve for Harvey is that technique. Just a little bit of precision in the footwork in between all those kicks and flicks I think would really help to further enhance his performance. Overall, he did an excellent job and I was also really impressed.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing

To end this week's Strictly review, I'm going to highlight the opening professional group dance because I just think it was amazing. I loved the Latin feel and I think that all the dancers brought it. The performance was amazing and I would like to congratulate the choreographer of that dance because it really was amazing!💜

BBC Strictly Come Dancing

Are you watching Strictly Come Dancing 2020? Who's your favourite dancer and who should I talk about next? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 💋

Keep up with my Strictly history!:

Video channel links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday