Money management for Tanzania - My Trip to Tanzania (Post 1) - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

As I've briefly talked about recently, I have been considering going on this amazing trip with my school to Northern Tanzania in the summer of 2022 and I've just spent 2 weeks consolidating my decision. Well, long story short, I've decided to take the plunge and go for it since there's probably not going to be many other opportunities like this in the future. This trip will count towards, hopefully, many parts of my CAS experience (school enrichment programme) so it's an important part of my education and my overall IB qualification. I was a little bit unsure as to whether or not I should do this trip because it is such a big commitment. The preparation for this trip is a lot of work as you have to attend weekly meetings, organise fundraising, and probably work to earn some money but after attending one of the virtual meetings on Microsoft to find out more about this trip, I realised that there was a lot to gain from doing this trip and so I decided to sign up. The trip is organised by the World Challenge team through my school and on the 2 week trip, you get to trek with a Maasai tribe, visit some cool places in Tanzania, and do some elephant conservation work, which is of course one of the main reasons I signed up! As well as this, you get to be pushed a little bit out of your comfort zone by learning to manage your money and finances and this will probably give you invaluable life skills that you'll most certainly need for the future.

For today's first entry of my 2 year series, My Trip to Tanzania, I'm going to be talking about how I'm hoping raise money for the trip and manage my finances.

Overall, the cost of the trip, including flights, is about £3,000. If the trip ends up stopping due to Covid-19 then I will get a full refund and if my flight company goes down then my money will also be protected so in that regard, everything is fine. My dad will be paying the instalments directly since he already has all the money but I'll be paying my dad back with the money I've raised. Currently, I've already got about £700 in my bank account and I would say that I'm more of a saver than a spender when it comes to money so hopefully, I will be able to save up enough money for the trip. I'm currently doing the washing up for my mum every Tuesday since she has a cake business and she needs all the help she can get in the kitchen. I will be getting £5 for each and every time I do the washing up for her which doesn't sound like a lot at all but I'm sure that if I save the money, it will all add up in the end. I could also work at one of my mum's friend's cafes in town and do some washing up or work there. The convenient thing about this job is that the cafe is very close to my school so during the week, I could always go and work there to earn some more money. For this, I'll need to make a CV most probably so I'm going to make that one of my aims. I'm also looking to do some dog walking and pet sitting to raise money. I really like animals and this would be a great way to earn some money in a more entrepreneurial way so this is also something that I'm hoping to do as well. I'm going to practice walking some of my friend's dogs so that I can get used to handling bigger dogs when I do the real thing but then I should be able to start doing it properly. I've already written a Facebook ad so it's just a simple case of publishing the advert when I'm ready. Here's a little snippet of what I've initially written. 

"Hello,

My name's Juliette Page and I'm a 16 year old student at IIC, seeking out ways to help fund my school trip to Tanzania in the summer of 2022. This trip is important to me because it will help me to achieve the service and enrichment part of my IB diploma course, which counts for a large part of my overall qualification. I'm looking to do dog walking and general pet-sitting to help raise the funds so if you're busy and you need help, I'll be happy to do so. I will be wearing a mask if I have to enter your home to minimise transmission. I'm free some days during the week and on the weekend so please do contact me so that we can negotiate times. I will be looking forward to hearing from you."

That's pretty much it so far. Things may change over time but these are just my initial ideas in terms of funds and managing my money. I will try and spread sheet everything once I've got everything set up but for now, this is the plan I'm going to take. 

I hope you'll enjoy going on this journey with me as I prepare for this amazing trip!

If you want to find out a bit more about the World Challenge then watch this video. There are loads of other amazing countries that they offer school trips for!

World Challenge


Which country would you most like to visit? Where's the best place you've ever been to? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Video channel links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

  1. Congratulations on deciding to go on the trip. Bigger applause for thinking of ways to finance it. It will be interesting to follow your process and progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I'm very much looking forward to documenting my experiences, preparing and going on this trip.💜

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday