Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Recently, me, my mum, and my sister found this really good French series on Netflix called Lupin, which is based on the French 19th century novella, Arsène Lupin. 

We decided to watch Lupin because we thought it would be a good way to practise our French. If you don't already know, part of my family is French. My mum was born on a French colony called Réunion which is a small island located off the coast of South Africa, in between Madagascar and Mauritius. My mum later moved to the South of France where she lived most of her life but she met my dad whilst she was studying at university in Liverpool. Like my older sister Alice, I was born in Paris which means that my passport is not British but in fact French. I moved to England when I was probably about a year old because my dad wanted to return home and work in this country instead. I try my best to speak French to my mum when I can but it is definitely a challenge because I've spent so long in the UK now and virtually everything around me is in English. People don't realise that when you speak, read, write, and listen to predominantly English things, you're going to predominantly speak English. This is why when we found Lupin I was happy because I could listen and watch something that was in French, which was in some ways was very refreshing. Plus it really is a good series and one you should watch because they've got both a French and an English version of the series too.

The series feeds off of the novella with modern-day Arsène Lupin (also known as Assane Diop) being a gentleman thief, stealing Marie Antionette's necklace from the Louvre. He steals it because the auctioneers of the necklace are Juliette Pellegrini and her family, a group of people Assane's father once worked for when Assane was a teenager. When Assane notices it's Juliette, he immediately grasps the opportunity to avenge the death of his father, who was blamed for stealing the necklace by Hubert Pellegrini, Juliette's father. Meanwhile, with the news of a thief on the loose, a team of detectives aims to find the smart, unstoppable man under the pseudonym of Arsène Lupin. 

The story is amazing. The first part of the first series can be a bit confusing and difficult to understand but once you get into the rhythm of the narrative, it hooks you onto the plot. The first series is brilliant and after watching the first two episodes of the second series, I can tell you that it just gets better and more exciting. Please go and watch this if you have not yet done so already!

Netflix

Have you got any other French Netflix series recommendations? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Important note: Unfortunately, Blogger is disabling the follow by email/subscribe widget on all blogs from July 2021. I will save all the emails from those who have subscribed but for now if you want to keep up to date with my posts, please click the follow button at the very bottom of this post to get updates via Blogger of when I upload. Or follow me via Instagram/Facebook to get updates on my stories of when I post on this blog. The links are below. ⬇️👇

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Video channel link:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

  1. Lupin is great. We have been watching it but it is dubbed in English here. I personally would rather have subtitles, but it is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! So many people like it too. The dubbed English isn't the best but I'm glad that you still enjoy the story!😀💜

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study

Being a model and role model are two separate things

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special