My IB mock exam results - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

A couple of weeks ago, I told you guys about how my IB dance mock examination went and what I got for the exam. If you missed the post, I ended up getting a 5b for the solo that I choreographed and performed to my teacher. It was a grade that I was reasonably happy with but I know that I can get a little bit higher than that when it comes to doing my actual dance examination.

However, today I'm going to be sharing with you my full May 2021 IB mock exam grades. When I opened my results, I was definitely happy with some of the grades that I got. In English and history I was able to achieve some pretty good grades and it really was a reflection of how much work I put in to achieve this. Despite this, I was still a little bit disheartened with the other results that I saw because in some of the papers, I did try my best and the outcome was not exactly what I had wanted to get. Nonetheless, I was still somewhat happy that I managed to pass all my subjects, having been so out of touch with how the exams worked because of the pandemic. If there's one thing that you must also know about me is that during exams, I tend to set myself overly high expectations. Sometimes this can work in my favour and other times it can really get me down. When I got home I had a little bit of a breakdown to my mum because in maths especially, I was hoping to get a grade a little bit higher than what I had achieved. Now, I'm looking at the whole situation with clearer eyes, I can see that my grades are good and I should be proud of myself. There's always room for improvement, but I did try my best and that's all that matters. My results are as follows:

  • Maths: 4a
  •  English: 6c
  •  Nature of Science: 5a
  •  Japanese: 5a
  •  History: 6a
  •  Dance: 5b
With the IB, I believe the highest score a student can get across all 6 subjects is a 45. The minimum score that you can get in the IB is a 24, with a minimum score of 12 for all the higher level subjects, a minimum score of 9 points for every standard level subject, and 3 extra points for the extended essay, TOK, and CAS. Taking into account my Theory of Knowledge performance and my Creativity, Activity, and Service performance, I was able to achieve a score of 34 across all of my subjects. Taking into consideration how challenging I found the mock exam period and how nervous I was sitting some of the papers, to get a 34 in my 2021 IB mock, I think is a pretty good achievement. I've already reviewed all of my papers so now I have a good idea of where I went wrong so I can improve for the future exams. I'm not very good at remembering this but I need to instil in my mind that every exam and every lesson is a learning curve and all I can do is work from what I got, to get even better. The fact of the matter is, if I was able to achieve these grades this early on, I can hopefully achieve extraordinary grades in the future. 😀😀

Have you had any exams recently? If so, how did they go? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below so that you don't miss anymore of my posts!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study