Getting ready for the end of year dance show + extended essay drama - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Firstly, if you're still here, thank you so much for sticking by! I know that my publishing schedule this week has been particularly atrocious and I do sincerely apologise for that. Sometimes, as an IB student, I have very little time to do anything and this week has been stressful so my uploading times have gone down the toilet. Here is me attempting to make ammends by actually taking the time to write and put something out there. I hope you enjoy. πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ

Ever since I returned from my work experience back in June, I've been rehearsing for the upcoming school dance show that is beginning on the 13th of July. Don't ask me how the school managed to launch a show in the midst of a pandemic. All I know is that it was a pain to organise and now I have to live up to the effort. As a result in rehearsals for these past few weeks, I've been rock n' rolling my little heart out and whilst for the most part it has been fun, I seem to be aching all over after every class and landing myself with mysterious bruises on my legs, probably caused from falling into a hundred jazz splits in mid air as the classes go by. I'm getting to grips with the routine now and I feel pretty confident in my abilities to perform it well. However, it was only on Wednesday that I and another group of girls, were pushed into another routine by my dance teacher. It's a group routine to Come Alive from the Greatest Showman and I have to sing whilst I'm dancing. Thank God the routine's not too difficult because then I would have had a mental breakdown. Such is the tragic life of a dancer. Being flung into random routines whilst being expected to perform with grace and confidence. I suppose we'll see how it ends. πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ 

The other thing that has been giving me a bit of mental pain this week is my extended essay. I think the last time I reported to you, I was just talking about how I'm going to be meeting with my supervisor to discuss my essay on ballroom dance. When I did the meeting, she read my question and said that I needed to be more focused in what I was asking. She told me to create a survey on ballroom dancing to send out to studio owners to get their opinions on the style and I did that as soon as possible. The problem is that I find she's not as time-focused as some of my other teachers. In history, my teacher's very good at setting deadlines for each section of my IA and making sure I have a good plan for my essay. I think that because my extended essay supervisor is my dance teacher, she doesn't think in the exact same way as some of my other teachers. I'm following her advice because I do think it's helpful I just would like to finish my research before I break off for summer, as the school recommends writing the first draft of the extended essay over the holidays. All I can do is try my best to get everything done and I will see what happens. 

Are you performing in a dance show this year? Are you watching a dance show this year? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Click the follow button below to receive updates every time I upload a new blog post!

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study