The future - Life After Sixth Form (Post 3) - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

If 5 years time began today, where do I hope that I would be? This was a question that I was asked in tutor time at school recently and it was a question that I struggled to answer. When I was younger, I'd  always pride myself on my ambitious attitude towards life and my decisiveness towards the career paths I wished of having. If I wanted to be an author,  I would read as many books as possible and write whenever I could. If I wanted to be a dancer, I would go to as many dance classes as possible and move as much as I could. In a much simpler time of my life, I would always have an ambition and a way of somehow getting there in my head. However, I've found that when it comes down to actually making the decision about where I want to go and how I want to get there, like I am doing now, I get cold feet about the future. Very soon, I will be undertaking some virtual open days at some universities and I'm finding the whole prospect rather daunting. I am beginning to question, is university right for me? Am I ready to move out next year? Will the whole experience be worth the money? I want to have a direction for the future, but I also want to spend the time to think about big commitments like university and make sure that I'm not going to be making any stupid decisions. The truth is, in my attempt to find something to do for when I finish sixth form, I've become a little bit lost. I have been exploring endless alternative possibilities from university for apprenticeships in the historical tourism industry to training to become a dance teacher, and so far, there hasn't been much that has sparked my interest. I was talking this whole situation over with the rest of my family recently and they said that if I can't think of what to do then I shouldn't. They also said that taking a gap year, especially after my busy course, will give me a welcome break that I might need. Now, thinking it all over, a gap year where I'm able to focus on myself and work on the things that I enjoy doing, doesn't sound like a bad idea. My friend will be going on a gap year too when she finishes so it's definitely a possibility. In terms of where do I see myself in 5 years time, I still don't know for certain. I may have many passions in life but there are too many loose strings for me at the moment, to even envision myself that far ahead in the future. 

Have you got any tips for deciding what you would like to do in the future? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

I've also got the subscribe function to work again on my blog so you can enter in your email in the subscribe form below this post to keep up to date with my posts via email!

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

Living in the present moment - Writing Wednesday

The difference between the conscious and the subconscious - Writing Wednesday