My funny Halloween story - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I hope you've all had a great Halloween!

This weekend, my parents went to spend some time in Cromer whilst me and my sister Alice were minding the house for a couple of days. This was our first time home alone and although it seemed a bit daunting at first, we had a lot of fun eating loaded fries and watching movies. On Saturday night, we watched Strictly Come Dancing and it was Halloween week. Whilst we were watching one of the performances, Alice reminded me of one of my cringiest Halloween stories yet. She said, "Juliette, do you remember that time on Halloween when you carved a pumpkin and kept it for weeks? You also made a broomstick and attempted fly on it on the green like a witch. Do you remember?" I said, "Ahh yes, how could I ever forget?"πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ


You see, I was 9 years old and my grandmother came over to stay. Me, my sister, and my grandmother were carving our pumpkins and I decided to carve out a cute face. So cute in fact, my pumpkin looked so real, I couldn't stand the thought of ever throwing it away! So I put a candle inside my pumpkin for Halloween and went out trick or treating. Then once Halloween was over, I kept my pumpkin for a few weeks afterwards, even when it had gone slightly mouldy and really needed to be put in the bin (I know, disgusting) 😝😝 . For that Halloween, I decided to become a witch so later I imagined this amazing story in my head where I would fly on my magic broomstick with my pumpkin. At this point, you would think that I wouldn't pursue this dream any further but the next day, I got a bamboo stick from the garden and some sticks and I stuck the two together with some tape to create my broomstick. My dad even took me to Maplin that day to buy me some batteries and a propeller so I could attach this to my broomstick and actually make it fly (I think my dad got a bit too into the idea himself) 🀣🀣. When I then attached everything onto my broomstick I went out onto the green, did a big run-up and tried to fly my broomstick! Obviously, I didn't fly and I quickly realised that I wasn't going to be able to fly with my pumpkin either, so I went home feeling really upset. πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦‍♀️ My dream was crushed!

You're probably now thinking, "Juliette, you were seriously one strange child!" And you're not wrong! I've not heard anyone think the same way that I thought as a child. I'm seriously unique! But at least you were able to smile and chuckle a bit at one of my many embarrassing stories. I believe that owning your weirdness is something that everyone should aspire to do. In a world that is so chaotic, we could do with a few authentic people to guide the way!

Have you got any fun Halloween stories to share? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form below this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! πŸ˜€πŸ’œ

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday